dso exploit won't go away

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by teozsen, Jun 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teozsen

teozsen Registered Member

Spybot says there's a dso exploit in my pc. I don't really know what that is, but i click on fix the problem...it says it's fixed but when I rescan....it's there again...no matter how many times I "fix" that problem. At one point either spyware guard or spyblaster said it was A BHO I decided to keep.
    I may have done that recovering the dso exploit after my pc experienced a tremendous slowdown in functionality subsequent to opening an email from irfanview users forum. what can I do now?

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

hi there buddy, and welcome to Wilders!

first off, I hope I'v emoved you to the right forum because (to be honest) I'm not exactly sure myself. However, if this is indeed a hijack as I imagine it may well be - your best bet is to follow the directions in this forum sectiona bout "how to post a HijackThis log" and do so in this thread. Then, one of our experts will get you taken care of fast as I can say "pass the hot sauce, please!"

3. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

most of the dso exploits taht spybot finds will be fixed after doing this

go here, click Scan for updates in the main frame, and download and install all CRITICAL updates recommended.

but please post a hijackthis log so we can check what is causing the other problems

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.