DSO(Dynamic Share Object)/DSO Exploit

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by doido, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doido

doido Registered Member

Hi,

Are you familiar with DSO and/or DSO Exploit?
    My antispyware program(S&D) informs that my PC got it but it is unable to remove it.
    A further look on DSO in Google showed that DSO is really a pest and several sites offer on-line removal action(at a cost,for sure).
    Since I do not want any fella getting into my machine o_O (I don't care about paying,I care about my privacy and safety)what would be the way to get rid of the spyware?
    Now the question is:I have Spywareblaster installed and I could not find a mention to DSO on its database.Is that DSO so terrible?May I leave it there?
    So far,the only weird thing I experienced was some slowness on surfing...
    Will appreciate any discussion on this matter.
    Thanks.

2. steverope

steverope Registered Member

From what I've heard it's a false positive, and can be ignored, as microsoft fixed the problem with sp1 or some other update, some say it's a way to test proprietary software for clones....ie. if a new spy program finds it, then they've ripped off a existing engine......but there are better qualified people here to tell you. Good luck.

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey doido....Welcome to Wilders [​IMG]

As Steverope noted....the DSO Exploit found by SpyBot during a scan is an old False positive....and when "the next version of Spybot - S&D comes out, it will fix this problem."

Announcement @ Spybot's Official Forum---> Spybot 1.3 Issues Explained

said by Galadriel....Spybot Support Manager Expert:
    "Solution for now: Just ignore it. It isn't a problem if your windows is patched. When the next version of Spybot - S&D comes out, it will fix this problem."

I would also like to note that this Spybot DSO exploit False positive should not cause any "slowness on surfing".

4. doido

doido Registered Member

Re: DSO(Dynamic Share Object)/DSO Exploit/THANKS.

dear Bubba and Steverope,

Thanks for the advice/comments.
    Actually,I've been reading some things about S&D,notably what Galadriel has said,at Spybot's official forum.
    Nevertheless,it's pretty good to hear your reassuring comments alive(in a certain way).
    So,the best thing to do is to stay calm and wait for the release of the 1.4 version,right?
    Thanks again.Take care,you both.

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Re: DSO(Dynamic Share Object)/DSO Exploit/THANKS.

IMHO....exactly...."Just ignore it. It isn't a problem if your windows is patched. When the next version of Spybot - S&D comes out, it will fix this problem"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.