DrWeb -- WinXP versus WinME

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bellgamin, Jul 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I am now running WinXP. Up until just a few weeks ago, I was running WinME.

Under WinME, when I clicked DrWeb's SpiderGuard's "About" it showed me a record of updates to signatures, and the total number of signatures in DrWeb's data base.

I cannot find similar information under WinXP's version of DrWeb.

QUESTION: Where can I find out how many signatures have actually been downloaded by DrWeb on my computer?

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

The Virus Definitions count should be under Help-->About-->Virus Bases even on WinXP. Perhaps somethings not installed correctly? o_O

3. bellgamin

Thanks Firecat. I see it now. Under WinME, the About showed a DETAILED list of updates, plus a running total of sigs. The info under WinXP is so scanty that I didn't spot it.

4. Serge Popov

Serge Popov AV Expert

The scanner for Windows XP is same as for Windows ME, so you can use its "About" dialogue. SpIDer Guard for Windows XP also has similar "About" dialogue with total number of virus definitions and other information.

5. bellgamin

Thanks Serge. It is very comforting to see a DrWeb expert visit us here at Wilders.

If you won't get scolded for doing so, PLEASE make a *guess* as to when DrWeb 5.0 might be released.

Also... is the beta of DrWeb 5 smoothing out, or is it still buggy? Also, will this *whole-number upgrade* (from 4.xxx to 5.xxx) require a new license (more money, that is)?

6. Serge Popov

Serge Popov AV Expert

Sorry, I cannot help here. Perhaps nobody can say for sure when Dr.Web 5 will be released. To my opinion, it would be better to drive slowly, with several beta iterations and feedback. But I'm a developer, release dates are matter of business. Speaking about my own area of responsibility, I'd like to make a feature release of SpIDer Guard by the end of August.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.