DrWeb right click scan

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by steve, Sep 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steve

steve Security Expert

I'm running 4.28d on Win2k. When I right click a file and choose Test with DrWeb, it open the DrWeb program box, but it doesn't appear to scan anything. If I look in statistics it shows 0 files scanned. Is is actually scanning anything and just not reporting it or might this be a bug. Anyone else notice this? TIA

2. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

While that box is opened, go to options and configure DrWeb to scan archives (all files). Save it!

Technodrome

3. steve

steve Security Expert

It is already setup like that but still will not scan from a right click. Thanks for the reply.

4. root

root Registered Member

To make sure it's scanning, choose a large folder with lots of files in it so it takes awhile to scan. Look all the way to the bottom of the DrWeb window and you should see some activity.
    When it is done scanning, it will show the number of files scanned in the bottom right hand corner.

5. steve

steve Security Expert

Still nothing, I right clicked my c:\winnt folder and selected test with Dr.Web. The program opens up, but it does nothing. Maybe I should reinstall?

6. steve

steve Security Expert

Uninstall and reinstall did not fix the problem. Any other ideas.

7. grey_ghost

grey_ghost Registered Member

Hi steve

try to scan the C:\winnt folder from the tree view controls window.

Does it scan the folder this way?

This will show if the individual scan on files or folders is working.

Regards

8. steve

steve Security Expert

Yeah, it works fine when done that way. I just received a support response and it states that it is a bug and they are working on it. Does anyone else have this problem or maybe just a select few?

9. steve

steve Security Expert

Finally solved my problem. I uninstalled again, this time I went into my Device Manager and selected show hidden devices and removed the spider guard drivers. There were three drivers listed for spider guard. After I reinstalled everything now works fine with the right click scan and there is only 2 drivers listed in device manager. Maybe the third one was causing some sort of conflict. It must have been left over from when I had installed the demo version. Anyway, everythings now fine and thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

10. grey_ghost

grey_ghost Registered Member

Hi steve

Thanks for posting the solution.
    It will help when someone else runs into it. :)

11. root

root Registered Member

I have become accostumed to going to the hidden devices under plug and play and deleting leftovers there.
    It's amazing what you find left in there.
    For anyone not familiar with doing this, be carefull.
    Delete the wrong thing and you don't bootup again. :)

12. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Registered Member

Hi all, I had the same problem with DrWeb , a right click scan wouldn't work, being a newbi I wasn't able to find the reason . For the hell of it I tried dragging and dropping the folder I save my e-mail to into the DrWeb main screen box , this seemed to work fine and that was how I did it until I started using Kaspersky Lite. I may have been imagining things but this method really seemed to work.
    Kav Lite has no such problems.
    Regards
    Frank.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.