DrWeb & AOL

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by C.S.J, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

ok, im a bit confused and a little worried about this for AOL users.

Drweb does NOT scan any emails recieved through the AOL Software (ie top right)

Drweb does not check them for viruses OR for spam.

AOL uses IMAP which drweb supports,

the emails ARE scanned for viruses and spam, only if configured to recieve them through another client instead, such as outlook/the bat etc.

so this tells me the format (aol's IMAP) is definatly able to be scanned by drweb, but its not doing it through the AOL client.

all logs and on screen stats show its definatly not scanning the emails recieved through the AOL software.

anyone know why?

is this is bug, i would say it is as these emails aint being scanned at all, so whats the point eh?

confused and dont really know what to think

o_O

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

I would say DrWeb isnt compatible with the AOL Software. Have you already emailed support? If it is an compatibility issue, they could tell you why so.

3. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

if its not, i feel they need to make it so.

luckily that AOL offers great spam by itself, and emails are scanned by mcafee.

but still, its an issue i have reported and i 'hope' they will look into it.

4. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

I imagine AOL will be switching to Kaspersky when their contract with McAfee runs out for email scanning. They already switched their desktop software to KAV. Just a guess on my part though. As for Dr. Web not working well with AOL, they (AOL) do a lot of goofy, proprietary stuff that makes it difficult for other companies to hook into their software. There were even rumors a few years ago that they wanted to develop their own OS to rival MS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.