"Drowor" Virus error, help please!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by elabuelo3k, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elabuelo3k

elabuelo3k Registered Member

I cleaned "Drowor" virus on my PC, but I have a problem after the infection, a hard disk error appears... When I make double click with mouse a windows messaje appears: "Instalation program of Windows XP" "Install or configure windows components use Control Panel"

I want to know if anybody can help me to fix that error.

Thank you for your time.

Claudio - Argentina

This is the screenshot about it: :doubt:

Attached Files:

2. QuestionX

QuestionX Registered Member

El3K......Did U disable restore before U cleaned ? disable restore in win xp, reboot, clean, reboot then enable restore. sometimes this works..

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi !

When you double click on your hard drive in Explorer (MyComputer) you should open the hard drive because the first default action is Open:

hd_options_win.PNG

I can see from the screenshot that in your case it is not Open but something like this:

error_arg.PNG

It seems like the virus has changed this .

I would suggest you edit the registry .
    First make a copy of it just in case something goes wrong.
    Goto Start->Run->type regedit.exe and press ENTER
    Right click on MyComputer -> choose Export and type a name (save somewhere on the Desktop,for example)

export_backup.PNG

Then while still in regedit , navigate to H_KEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2

Carefully delete all entires with { } around like these

regediteeeee.PNG

Then close regedit and restart the computer and try again . Hope this helps!

Should a problem with the registry occur after computer restart , you can simply doubleclick on the file (back-up of the registry) and restore it to its previous state

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.