DriveSentry related question

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by rOadToIS, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rOadToIS

rOadToIS Registered Member

I know that DriveSentry is a great antivirus and HIPS, but is it also a good antispyware?
    Should I change Comodo Firewall(Defense+ included) + Avira free + Spyware Terminator to Avira free + Drive Sentry + Comodo Firewall(D+)?
    By the way, Are Avira and Comodo Firewall with Defense+ compatible with DriveSentry?

2. Mr2cents

Mr2cents Registered Member

Hi rOadToIS. I'm not avoiding your question. However, I run avira free + comodo firewall. I tried to install DriveSentry last night. A message popped up from "DriveSentry" sayng that it detected another antivirus on my system and couldn't install. (I'm paraphrasing here) DriveSentry said I would have to uninstall my current antivirus. Then to install DriveSentry.

I don't understand this as I've seen other posters that are running Avira Free antivirus and DriveSentry together. It may just be my computer? Or I wonder if DriveSentry has to be installed first. Then install Avira? i don't know. o_O I almost forgot. I did have avira guard disabled while trying to install DriveSentry.

3. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

well i dunno about free avira, but im using avira suite and i didnt get any message, it installed right away for me, and i left the guard enabled to. :p that is strange

and D+ os [rpbably stronger protection, but its not user friendly and you still get amazing protection just with drivesentry. so id say ur 2nd combination of avira free + drivesentry + Comodo Firewall is better, but turn D+ off if u want more usability.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.