DriveSentry as Antivirus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by pnbalaji, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pnbalaji

pnbalaji Registered Member

Hi,

Can some one tell me how reliable is the DriveSentry as an Antivirus? I know its HIPS capabilities are excellent, but not sure about its performance about the viruses and other malwares. I disabled my antivirus and antispyware softwares and I was able to "run" the eicar.com test file without any issues with DriveSentry on.

So, i am not sure how good is their signature based antivirus detection. Does any one have an idea on it? If it is good, I am planning to use DriveSentry alone as my stand-alone security suite (I will have windows firewall on).

Thanks,
    Balaji.

2. rollers

rollers Registered Member

I did try running for a short while with Drive sentry as my only protection, but I never felt 100% with it.

3. overangry

overangry Registered Member

Check in quarantine, it is detected.
    If you want to be alerted turn off auto quarantine in options-scanner-auto quarantine malicious files.
    It's a great product, that said I wouldn't feel safe running any security app standalone:D

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=239826&highlight=drivesentry

4. pnbalaji

pnbalaji Registered Member

Nopes, it did not detect when I ran the eicar.com test file. However, when I right clicked the folder and selected the scan, it detected and quarantined. It looks like the "Real time" protection is using only the HIPS, not the signature based scan.

Thanks,
    Balaji.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.