DriverPerformer_V15 (malware?)

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by NinthShot, Nov 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NinthShot

NinthShot Registered Member

Hello-

While assisting one of my users with a completely different issue today, a malware submittal message popped up asking me to submit the following file for analysis due to likely containing a new threat:

C:\Users\<username>\Downloads\DriverPerformer_V15.exe

When I investigated further I could find no such file, nothing was in ESET's quarantine and no event was in the logs. To get a second opinion I then ran a Malwarebytes scan, which came out clean. I also looked up "DriverPerformer_V15" online but didn't find much in the way of results.

So my question is, is this something to be concerned about? As the guy in charge of my company's IT I get paranoid when I see messages like this, especially when I can find no record of the offending file. Do keep in mind that my user told me that this message had been coming up for "a while" and she just kept ignoring it (cue banging head on wall), so that may explain why this file is missing in action. Any input here to assuage (or perhaps provoke) my paranoia here would be appreciated. I really hope that this is a false positive and not something that's buried itself in my user's machine.

Thanks.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

What version Eset and are you using the latest updates. Quick google search is inconclusive

3. NinthShot

NinthShot Registered Member

ESET Smart Security Business Edition 4.2.71, signature DB 6619
    (I know this is the antivirus-only forum, but figured that the SSBE features didn't apply to this case.)

Thanks for the quick response.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.