Driver for SATA II Controller EXSYS EX-3403 included in Acronis boot CD ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by WMenzel, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WMenzel

WMenzel Registered Member

Does the Acronis boot CD made by the Media Builder of Disk Director Suite 10.0 GERMAN version, newest GERMAN build, recognize and support the very new SATA II Controller EXSYS EX-3403 with Chipset Marvell 88SX6081?

I have installed Acronis True Image 9.0 Home and Disk Director Suite 10.0. Each program GERMAN version and updated to the newest GERMAN build.
    I made a bootable CD using the Bootable Media Builder of Disk Director Suite 10.0 that contains both products.
    Using True Image or Disk Director Suite I always boot from this CD!

My motherboard is an Gigabyte GA-8KNXP rev. 2 with Chipset Intel 875P and ICH5R.
    On-Board IDE by Intel ICH5R: IDE1, IDE2
    Onboard GigaRAID IT8212F chipset: IDE3 and IDE4
    The motherboard includes two SATA controllers:
    Serial ATA Controlled by Intel ICH5R: SATA1, SATA2
    Controlled by Silicon Image SiI3112: SATA3, SATA4
    All 4 SATA max. 150 MB/sec.

All On-Board IDE SATA and RAID controllers are disabled by motherboard BIOS, because I had only SCSI devices.
    Two SCSI Controller Adaptec 29160N BIOS 3.10.0.
    These SCSI Controller have been detected by the Acronis boot CD and are working without any problems.

Now I want to by the very new SATA II Controller EXSYS EX-3403 an Serial-ATA 2 PCI-X 8 HDD Controller with Chipset Marvell 88SX6081. This SATA Controller is NOT a RAID Controller!
    In the controller manual you can read, that this PCI-X controller works in normal 32–Bit PCI slot without any problems.

In the future I will boot from one of the Serial-ATA HDD (Windows 2000).

I will do the following:
    1. Insert the SATA II Controller EXSYS EX-3403
    2. Install the Windows 2000 driver for the SATA II Controller EXSYS EX-3403
    3. Connect SATA II HDD to the SATA II Controller
    4. Make an NEW bootable CD using the Bootable Media Builder of Disk Director Suite 10.0 that contains both products.

Questions:
    ==========
    1. Does the NEW made Acronis bootable CD recognize this new SATA II Controller?
    2. Is the right driver for the SATA II Controller EXSYS EX-3403 included on the NEW made Acronis bootable CD?

2. WMenzel

WMenzel Registered Member

Does the boot CD support chipset Marvell 88SX6081?

Does the Acronis boot CD recognize and support the serial ATA Controller EXSYS EX-3403 with the chipset Marvell 88SX6081?

I boot from the Acronis boot CD of True Image 10.0 Home or Disc Directory Suite 10.0 Home.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello WMenzel,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue CD is Linux based and has it's own assortment of drivers for the wide variety of hardware. In other words, it does not depend on the hardware configuration of the system it was created on. We do not expect any problems with this particular chipset.

Please notice that we have a separate forum branch for Acronis Disk Director. Please post the questions about different Acronis Products in the respective forum branches.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.