DRIVECRYPT PLUS PACK QUESTION ?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by SPEEDY6128, Apr 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPEEDY6128

SPEEDY6128 Registered Member

Hi there,

Hope anyone can help me here. I currently have Drivecrypt Plus Pack installed on my windows Xp machine and have the main OS drive encrypted. I have my other non encrypted PC connected to it threw my router to transfer files to the encypted PC. My question is, when I transfer files from my non encrypted PC directly to my other harddrives on main encrypted PC, (the other harddrives on my encypted PC are not encrypted by the way), would they be saved as non encrypted? Or do they automatlly get encrypted because maybe some of the process involed in order to transfer the files from my non encrypted PC may take place. I dont wont to be saving tons of stuff on to my harddrives only to find out weeks or even mounths later its all been encrypted. I hope any of you lot understood that ok :'( tried me best. Thanks in advance guys if you can help.

best regards kev

2. meneer

meneer Registered Member

The driver only encrypts files written to the encrypted disk. Copying to the encrypted disk results in encrypted files, although you will not notice this, since it's all transparant. Copying to the non encrypted drive will not encrypt those files.
    Copying from the encrypted disk to another device results in unencrypted files on the non secured device. Again transparant for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.