DriveCrypt Plus and Dantz Retrospect b/up-a couple ?'s

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by ScottD, Aug 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScottD

ScottD Registered Member

I'am trialing the demo version of DCPP and really like it so far. I also use and like very much the backup sofware by Dantz Retrospect. With all my HD's encrypted how should I change my b/up plan which has been a full b/up every week to a removable 200GB HD? Should I encrypt the removable drive where my b/up set resides? As far as restores is there any considerations there with these two products, both of which I really like. Retrospect especially has proven itself and I'am proud to be a registered user of it. I will also be buying DCPP after a few more days of testing. Any advise on these two products and is there another better or comparable full disk encryption program out there before I drop $155 for DCPP? I thank you.

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I also love Retrospect. I would only suggest really rethinking encrypting a whole drive. Ask your self if your need for privacy with what is on that drive so critical that you risk protecting it from yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.