Drive Snapshot

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by hollywoodpc, Mar 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

I checked this program out due to Paranoid 2000 having something good to say . Just so you know . It does not work properly even AFTER going through all the help files . And an email which was nicely written was sent to Tom Elhart at support . The response from him was simple : " RTFM " . That was it . Sorry P2K but , you missed this one big time . Support is important . As you can see , their support shows how much they care . lol . It is humorous that they even do business . How I long for the days when people actually cared about what people thought of their software . Very few do anymore . Curious to know if anyone else has ever attempted to contact this lowlife ?

2. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

Did you read the manual? ;)

I remember a user complaining about this software. I do not remember the details, but he switched to the corporate edition of Ghost.

3. hollywoodpc

Um . Yes I did . At length . And to simply respond with such a rude message from them was uncalled for .

4. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

Last edited: Mar 19, 2005
  5. hollywoodpc

lol at the shirt . I have settled on First Defense ISR . A defense tool in case of something catystrophic happening . Save me the reformat time

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I tried Drive Snapshot. Imaging works fine, but I never got the DOS disk to work. Had to use one I modified from Ghost. The restore process is quite crude. I abandoned this one.

Note to Hollywoodpc. Bear in mind First Defense is fantastic, but if you have a disk failure you are out of luck. You still need something for that.

7. hollywoodpc

I know Pete . Thank you though . Just trying to give Close a quick answer . It was generic I know . But , I already know about disk failure .

8. tom ehlert

tom ehlert Guest

well - this 'nice email' started with "your software stinks".

as it was followed by a lot of symptoms, that you did NOT read the documentation, I suggested 'RTFM'. rude in - rude out.

tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.