Drive Snapshot

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by hollywoodpc, Mar 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

I checked this program out due to Paranoid 2000 having something good to say . Just so you know . It does not work properly even AFTER going through all the help files . And an email which was nicely written was sent to Tom Elhart at support . The response from him was simple : " RTFM " . That was it . Sorry P2K but , you missed this one big time . Support is important . As you can see , their support shows how much they care . lol . It is humorous that they even do business . How I long for the days when people actually cared about what people thought of their software . Very few do anymore . Curious to know if anyone else has ever attempted to contact this lowlife ?

2. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

Did you read the manual? ;)

I remember a user complaining about this software. I do not remember the details, but he switched to the corporate edition of Ghost.

3. hollywoodpc

Um . Yes I did . At length . And to simply respond with such a rude message from them was uncalled for .

4. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

Last edited: Mar 19, 2005
  5. hollywoodpc

lol at the shirt . I have settled on First Defense ISR . A defense tool in case of something catystrophic happening . Save me the reformat time

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I tried Drive Snapshot. Imaging works fine, but I never got the DOS disk to work. Had to use one I modified from Ghost. The restore process is quite crude. I abandoned this one.

Note to Hollywoodpc. Bear in mind First Defense is fantastic, but if you have a disk failure you are out of luck. You still need something for that.

7. hollywoodpc

I know Pete . Thank you though . Just trying to give Close a quick answer . It was generic I know . But , I already know about disk failure .

8. tom ehlert

tom ehlert Guest

well - this 'nice email' started with "your software stinks".

as it was followed by a lot of symptoms, that you did NOT read the documentation, I suggested 'RTFM'. rude in - rude out.

tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.