Drive Snapshot is awesome...

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by napoleon1815, Apr 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. napoleon1815

napoleon1815 Registered Member

Just wanted to thank the people on here who turned me on to this product. I saw this a year or so again and thought it was some cheap imaging solution (the website isn't "fancy" per se and my impression was that it was some rookie fly-by-night software). However, after using it (and buying it) after your recommendations, I love it. Simple is sometimes best. I use it for offline imaging via a WinPE CD and it's perfect. I wish there was a way to not have it split into so many files, but that's not a huge deal (I like the one file method I get from IFL). To me, it seems as stable as IFL and ShadowProtect, minus ShadowProtect's activation issues (I know why they do it, just not a fan of it). So for now, IFL and DS are my primary imagers. Again, thanks.

2. Aaron Here

Aaron Here Registered Member

Advanced Options > Maximum Image Single File Size [setting value to 0 = a single image file] ...then click on 'Use These Settings as Default' button!

Aaron

3. napoleon1815

Aaron,

Wow...thanks...not sure how I missed that one...embarassed. :) Thanks a ton, and thanks for your help. You were the main reason I use it now.

4. mantra

mantra Registered Member

i use it online
    how could i put in a winpe cd with the outstanding WinMount ?
    i know i could do with bart's cd pluin

is there a winpe image to download and put inside? o_O

5. napoleon1815

Here's what I do...I backup to an external HD so I simply copy the snapshot .exe file to the root of the external HD. Then I boot from any WinPE CD, open a command prompt, and launch the DS .exe from the external. Hope that helps...I don't use the installed version, just the .exe you can download. There is no PE builder or anything...this assumes you already have one (you can even use another imaging tools licensed PE disc as long as it has a command prompt or file browser).

For the record, I believe Aaron showed me this.

6. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Aaron you old coot, you did it again.

Best regards,

KOR!

7. mantra

mantra Registered Member

thanks
    i have paragon winpe cd , i wonder if i can put inside drive snapshot
    and run it from the cd

by the way i did several tests and i can recover without problems online too
    i was scary the first time , but work like a charm!:thumb:

8. napoleon1815

Online works fine too...I have tested it. It's a matter of choice. I prefer offline imaging and restoration, but it certainly appears to work fine doing online imaging and restores as well. It's a great product, and I've tried most of the mainstream products out there. I have the Paragon WinPE CD too...I don't recall if it has a command prompt though. Provided you own licensed copies, I believe Macrium, Todo Backup (paid), Farstone, and O&O Disk Image have PE CD's with a command prompt.

9. mantra

mantra Registered Member

i know there is a easy way to run via bart's cd http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/plugins/

i would like a rescue cd with drive snapshot that run quickly

10. Aaron Here

Aaron Here Registered Member

Exactly, and imho an external drive is a smart place to keep snapshot.exe - along with your images (actually, since the program is so small and portable you can easily keep working copies in more than one place)! ;)

Aaron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.