drive showing up as raw

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by MaKeR1, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaKeR1

MaKeR1 Registered Member

i tried resizing an external usb drive that had 2 partitions,resize failed.now the one partition is showing up as raw.windows cannot perform a chkdsk because it wants to format it. PLEASE HELP ME

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi,

What happens when you run the partition undelete function ?

It will be quicker if you select the filesystem you are looking for - I usually select FAT and NTFS.

PAR-UNDEL-2009-10-20_160505.jpg

3. MaKeR1

MaKeR1 Registered Member

there is no option undelete partition for the drive thats showing up as unformatted.this happened before on same drive,a chkdsk fixed it,but i do not know how to do it.i tried undelete partition on the other partitions and got i/o errors.

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi ,

First, Run chkdisk on the existing partition:

Start>Computer>Rt click your existing partition>Properties>Tools>Check Now.

Then try a different undelete app. and see if that helps:

download this:

hxxp://www.partitionwizard.com/download/pwhe41.iso ~ Removed Direct Link - See Partition Download page ~

Burn it to cd-r with this: ( don't format the cd)

hxxp://software.lsoft.net/IsoBurner-Setup.exe ~ Removed Direct Link - See Active@ ISO Burner 2.0 page ~

Boot the cd you just made. When it asks to select screen resolution ( make sure your keyboard NUM LOCK is on ) press 1 then press enter.

Click Disk number for your usb drive -( probably 2) at the top of the screen. Then select Partition Recovery in the left pane.

Do a Quick scan . When it has finished - select all the partitions you want to keep, click Apply.

Hope it helps.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2009
  5. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

SIW2, just so you know, I removed the direct links in your post above, providing the respective program pages.

It's always best to give visitors the chance to see what they are about to download before they click. Sometimes people don't read, they click on a link and are startled when something tries to download. Keep that in mind for the future. Thanks!

JR

6. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Thanks JR,

I wouldn't want anyone to be startled.:)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  7. Elohim83

Elohim83 Registered Member

Hey SIW2,

Do you want me to burn the PartitionWizard installer .exe -file to a CD (It's not an ISO file, does the Active ISO Burner convert it automatically? How?)
    Or do I first install PartitionWizard and then create an ISO file WITH it which to burn to a CD using the Active Iso Burner?

About that other earlier Undelete Partition thing: I let the search do it's thing and so far (only about an hour to go) it has found 1 deleted partition from my comp and I'll wait and see what's that before I try this Wizard thing.

8. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

LOL - that's one reason why I posted the actual link.

You were supposed to d/l the bootable .iso It's at the bottom of the page. It comes a separate d/l - you can't create it from within the program.

Actually,because you can boot into windows - now you have the .exe - you can install it and run the undelete from within that. It's only tiny.

We are switching threads here - let's go back to the one you started for future posts.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1561368#post1561368

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  9. MaKeR1

MaKeR1 Registered Member

thanks for the help guys recovered my lost partition.

10. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi MakeR1,

Glad to hear it - thanks for letting us know.

Have Fun

11. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Try going into Windows disk Management and see if you can assign a letter to the partition.

This trick has worked for me when I do not properly remove a USB drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.