drive sentry finds sandboxie as antivrus...?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by thathagat, Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thathagat

thathagat Guest

while installing drive sentry it flagged sandboxie 3.34 as antivirus...........can i trust ds to protect my system for how can sandboxie be catagorised as av.........?

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2009
  2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Hey Maybe Sandboxie will be in the next AV comparatives and it scores a 100 percent ok maybe 99.9 with No false positives LOL. Opps seems DriveSentry is confused.

3. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

Obviously Sandboxie isn't an antivirus... DS has probably a "standard" warning message, that having more security programs may cause incompatibility. Being "standard" it also mentions Sandbxoxie as "antivirus".

As i can see it, your choices are:

1) Go on and install and see what happens. (better if you have a backup image ready). Often these messages are only cautionary, with no verified incompatibility. I have many times ignored such messages and nothing bad happened. Of course it may in deed have incompatibility.

2) Go to the "official" DS thread here:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=209764&page=38

and ask Katie if there is a known incompatibility with Sandboxie before you install.

Honestly, for not waiting, i would opt for choice no.1 (make backup image, install, if something goes wrong, restore image).

To the question "can i trust ds to protect my system for how can sandboxie be catagorised as av.........?" i presume you mean "can i trust a product like DS to protect my PC, when it recognizes Sandboxie as antivirus"?

Well, the reply to that, is probably what i said in 1st paragraph. Drive Sentry isn't "sensing" Sandboxie as "antivirus". Probably they have made a "fixed" warning message and have put all kind of security applications. And they use the word "antivirus", which what most people have. The protection capabilities of DS, can't be judged by that message. So, your decision on whether or not to run DS, should be made based on whether or not you have a belief on the capability of DS, not whether or not the warning window uses the correct term to describe Sandboxie. That's the bureaucratic part of the issue. The practical issue, is how good is DS against malware. If it's good enough for you, use it.

4. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

Its at instalation, so I guess the devs kept the title as "Antivirus" because the majority of the time that screen would list antivirus/internet security programs.

Its upto you if you want to use it or not, but if thats the decider of whether you "trust" the problem or not, then its totally upto you.
    I personally think you're being a little over-compulsive.

5. thathagat

thathagat Guest

well........i hv rollback 8.1......and glad that i hv cause drive sentry just died...

Attached Files:

6. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

Well, i see they are really serious about incompatibility warnings! Bad luck!

7. MeFer

MeFer Registered Member

There is conflict also here.

After finish install DS,when try to open SBIE my machine restart allways.XP SP3
    So,uninstalled DS and intall EQS for file protection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.