Drive #'s Reversed when Boted from CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jgivens, Jun 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgivens

jgivens Registered Member

Something has just happened to me regarding drive ordering.

When I run TI8 from Windows it always shows my C: drive (a pair of 160's on a SATA RAID 0 array) as drive 1 and my D: drive (a pair of 120's on an IDE RAID 0 array on an onboard Promise IDE RAID controller) as drive 2. So I've always made my choices and at the end before rebooting checked them carefully and it was always 1 -> 2. Always.

When I boot from a TI8 CD though, the drive #'s are reversed. All the descriptions are the same, the sizes match the descriptions, only the #'s were different. Even though everything looked like it *should* be ok, I could not bring myself to click 'ok' when it was showing as a 2 -> 1 cloning operation.

Anyone have any ideas what is happening here?

Thanks.

Jeff Givens

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that Acronis Bootable CD is Linux based. Linux algorythm of disk number assignment is different from the one Windows use. Please label each disk you have. This will allow you to distinguish disks easily. The labels of disks (partitions) remains the same both in Windows and in Linux.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. jgivens

jgivens Registered Member

Thx Ilya, it sure looked right but I was just a little scared and thought I would ask before pulling the trigger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.