Drive Partition

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by nick1442, Mar 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nick1442

nick1442 Registered Member

I partition a new drive by mistake. My computer now lookes for the IDE to boot instead of the RAID drive.
    How do I stop this from happining? I removed both IDE drives so I can boot normaly.
    Nick

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Nick,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Software.

Could you please describe the issue in more details: what is the exact name of the product that you use and what exactly did you try to perform?

Could you please also let us know the build number of the product, which you can find in the Help -> About dialog (it should be a 3 or 4 digit number)?

Please describe your actions step-by-step. Please make a screen shot of your every step, if possible.

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. nick1442

I am using TI 9.0 build 2302. I was using add new disk and I formatted the new drive. It partition it and it was an IDE connection. Now when I boot system my BIOS looks at the IDE first then the RAID instead of the opposite.
    I need my booting system to boot from RAID not the IDE.

4. x=y+z

x=y+z Registered Member

Check the boot sequence in BIOS. Make sure the IDE device is boot after the RAID device.

5. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

You might try the current version, build 2337. Acronis will tell you to try it before they give support.

6. nick1442

I tryed to download new verision but it was very slow - took about 2 hours then stoped - Do you understand my problem? Will the new built fix problem?

7. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Acronis says it is aware of the slow server speed and is working on it but it might be a day or so. I'm afraid I can't give you any advice on your problem and I don't know if the new build will fix it. However, a lot of problems were corrected between build 2302 and 2337 and Acronis is very unlikely to want to chase problems around on an old build. That is, if you install 2337 and it doesn't work then they will help you correct it.

Note that if you do get build 2337 downloaded be sure you completely uninstall 2302 before installing 2337. If you install 2337 on top of 2302 you will get a mixture of the versions and a lot more problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.