Drive Migrate

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by Merv_Wiz, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Merv_Wiz

Merv_Wiz Registered Member

What I have is a laptop with all my computer software and operating system on.
    I'm going back to a desktop, with Nothing on it not even the operating system.
    Can I somehow Migate the laptop drive to the empty drive on the desktop.
    I assume I would have to connect the two together, or could I move it to an external drive then to the desktop.

Many Thanks in advance.

2. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

You would need to use the Hard Disk Manager Suite series which would allow you to either backup and restore then perform the P2P adjust, or directly attach your laptop hdd to your desktop and perform a hard disk copy, and then perform a P2P adjust, either way the P2P adjust is performed with the WinPE which is only available in the purchased version of Paragon Software products.

3. Merv_Wiz

Thanks for the help, I found I can copy the drive over but it won't boot which is probably the P2P adjustment.
    I'm now trying to retrieve my Full purchase code as I've lost the content of the USB stick the installation code was on.

4. Merv_Wiz

I now have my code for the full Disk manager so I can do the p2p adjustment.
    But can you please explain how as I cannot now log on to my computer
    Do I need to copy something to a cd and boot from that.

Thanks for Help so far

5. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

You would need to elaborate just a bit more on what you mean? Did you perform the P2P adjust?

6. Merv_Wiz

OK so far all I have done using my paragon boot disk is to do a disk to disk copy from the laptop drive (connected directly) to my Hard Drive in the desktop computer, (I did'nt know about the P2P adjust) when I try to start the desktop it gets to where the flag logo appears and just re-boots.

The Desktop Drive was Set up using the same windows installation dvd, so all it had on it was a basic Home Premium 7 that was wiped by the transfer.

I really don't understand this at all I have the full paid "Hard Disk Manager 12" and I have built the boot media CD but I still cannot find any option for this p2p adjustment, nor any reference to WinPE

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  7. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

If you want to make winpe bootable media, there is separate download from your Paragon account to make that.

P2P adjust is to make a restored image bootable on different hardware. After restoring the image , fire up the p2p adjust wizard, and point it at the restored drive.

8. Merv_Wiz

I have the Hard Disk Manager 12 with winPE on it but if I try to run it it says it can't run with my processor.
    On the Paragon site it says they are no longer allowed by microsoft to supply it, but you can build the media from Hard Disk manager 12.
    I have built the recovery CD but can find no reference to P2P Adjust.

9. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

In the WinPE main interface, under "Copying and Migration", there is an option "P2P Adjust OS". Or are you making reference to the Linux recovery disk?

10. Merv_Wiz

I do not see copy and migration, only disk copy wizard, I assume this means I have the linux based recovery disk.
    I have looked also at my installation of Hard Disk Manager 12 and I see Migrate OS as an option but I think what I need is help in building this WinPE disk.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  11. Merv_Wiz

I am now at a stand still, because My Paragon code is being rejected even though I have cut and pasted it directly from my Paragon Account.

Any suggestions will still be wecome , but untill Paragon get back to me I will just have to wait to try them.
    Thanks Anyway.

I think we have drifted away from my original question : How can I copy my laptop hard drive to my new blank desktop hard drive, I am scrapping my laptop, I have adesktop computer with a blank drive, I can't afford to lose codes to programes and the programes installed on the laptop, I want to move everything from the laptop to the desktop, In effect still having the same computer, but it won't be mobile.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.