drive locked???

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by frankbergson, Oct 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frankbergson

frankbergson Registered Member

After replacing v9 with v10, I made repeated failed attempts to create a backup. This was reported one week ago, and I recieved a ticket number and am waiting for some reply.

In the meantime I attempted to run windows check disk utilty, and now every time the computer boots I get the message:
    Cannot open Volume for direct access....
    The computer then continues to the desktop.

How do I unlock the drive so check disk can run?
    (Windows XP home)

thanx....

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Did you try uninstalling ver. 10?

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I agree with Ralphie uninstall TI10 and try chkdsk. If it works, reinstall TI10 and try again.

Are your running SP2? This was also identified as a XP problem that was fixed with the release of SP2.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello frankbergson,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that as seekforever mentioned the issue with windows check disk utility is related to Microsoft. Please have a look at this article to find the solution.

As for the issue with Acronis True Image 10.0 Home you have experienced, could you please describe the issue in more details? What exactly did you try to perform? Could you please clarify if you received any error messages when you try to create the image archive? Please explain your step-by-step actions which you took that led you to this error.

Could you please also let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.