drive letter arrangement in V8

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by L.B., Aug 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L.B.

L.B. Registered Member

question from first time trueimage user. luckily never had to use the restore.
    My question is --> is it normal for the drive letters to be rearranged when booting to the created boot cd to do a restore?

normally
    A= floppy
    B= -----
    C= hard disk partion 1
    D= cd rom
    E= cd rom
    F= hard disk partion 2 storage

from boot cd
    A= floppy
    B= removable drive
    C= hard drive partion 1
    D= hard drive partion 2
    E= cd rom
    f= cd rom

i can find my backup image which was stored on F during creation and it is on D when i boot from the CD. shouldn't be any problem restoring but just curious if this is normal as i have never used this program. thanks

2. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Yes, for the most part, it is normal for the drive letters to change under some circumstances. In your case the boot disk is seeing the drive letters as they would usually be. Your Windows drive letters are out of "normal" order, either because someone changed them or because of the order in which drives were added to the system.

3. L.B.

L.B. Registered Member

thanks for the prompt reply. i can live with that. i guess it makes sense. my "f" partition was added last, after the "D" and "E" cdroms. just wanted to make sure that nothing was out of the ordinary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.