Drive image and boot disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Bigdog889, Mar 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigdog889

Bigdog889 Guest

Why cant you put the boot disk and the hd image on one disk so you dont need 2 disks?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Bigdog889,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Currently Acronis Bootable CD is used only to boot your system in case you cannot boot Windows. The main reason for this is that there will be very little space for the image and it is not convinient to use this CD as an image storage.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Does this <previous thread> provide what you are after? Read all the posts and then decide whether you want to use wdormann's original procedure or my updated version. Either will work just fine.

Regards

4. bigdog889

bigdog889 Guest

i think i tryed that if i understand what you are talking about. i stick in a cd-rw into the drive and have it make a bootable disk. i take the contents of that disk and put on the DVD with the hard drive image

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

You can't just copy the boot rescue CD to the DVD. You need to use WinISO (or equivalent) to create an ISO file of the boot CD and then use WinISO (or equivalent) again to extract the boot information from that ISO. In addition, you will need to download wdormann's combined CD Shell/BCDW file if you are using his original instructions otherwise download the latest version of BCDW via the link provided if you decide to use my updated/modified procedure instead.

Please follow the instructions exactly as written (taking due note of the additional info/clarification provided in later posts) otherwise it will probably not work.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.