Drive Failed - Reinstall ESET

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by MrHobbes, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrHobbes

MrHobbes Registered Member

Hi,
    Based upon it's reputation, and previous use, I'm considering returning to ESET for our anti-virus/internet security. One question is with regard to instances where a hard drive may fail and require a rebuild. Specifically, if a hd fails and replaced - does that eat up another seat? Or, does ESET understand it's still the same pc having a rebuilt OS on a replacement hard drive? Thanx!

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

If I understand your question correctly, replacing a computer on the network should not "eat up a license seat" in ESET Remote Administrator as long as the total cumulative number of licenses remains the same.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. MrHobbes

MrHobbes Registered Member

That's what I was hoping to hear. I'd used NOD32 up until the time it was causing very hi cpu usage. We changed to a competitor's product for several years. Low and behold they can't keep an accurate record of seats in use. And, on top of it, stated a hard drive failure/rebuild would be the use of another seat. Looks like we're headed back to ESET - thanx!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.