Drive copy 9.5

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by mpsmom, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpsmom

mpsmom Registered Member

I need some help... please. I got the GAOTD download several days ago and finally did a back up yesterday. I'm not sure about any settings (will make sense in a minute) but I pretty much just checked off on everything it offered and thought I was making a copy of my entire c drive. Today, I get up and my screen is black with just 4 + (or dashes or something). Every time I try to reboot, same thing. Tried a roll back point.. wouldn't boot. Tried last good configuration... wouldn't boot. Tried a few other things, finally reinstalled windows. Thinking, WOW, how fortuitous that I just backed up yesterday. So, now I'm thinking, after reading some of the other posts and how one guys hard drive "disappeared" that maybe the back up had something to do with my machine not booting. However, if I supposedly have a copy of my C drive, a lot of wasted time, but at least nothing lost. The problem is, drive copy apparently partitioned my ext hard drive and I have a folder named DBHStorage and a folder under that starting with N{ and a bunch of numbers. If that is my back up, how do I get to it since I no longer have the software since it can't be reinstalled since it was a giveaway of the day freebie. Appreciate any help u can provide. Thanks.

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

3. mpsmom

mpsmom Registered Member

I did download 10.0, but I don't see anything that is of any help and I can't make a restore disk (keeps failing). Actually that finally worked, but I'm still not sure what to do with it. It's a on a flash drive, my "backup" is on my ext drive.

What I have, is a new partition on my WD Ext hard drive with a bunch of files that start with img and end with either, .001, .002, etc or .PBF

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Boot the paragon cd/usb stick you just made.

Select Normal Mode, then restore .

Browse to the backup you created on the external HD.

Select the place you want to restore it to .

5. mpsmom

mpsmom Registered Member

TY. I did manage to restore my drive but, when it was finished, for some reason I clicked on turn off (shut down, or whatever it is) instead of reboot. When I went to turn the computer back on, dead. No power. Nothing. I checked the power cord and power strip. Finally, out of desperation, I switched two plugs in the power strip and it powered up. Very odd things going on with my computer...

6. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Thanks for posting back.

Glad you are up an drunning agaioan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.