Drive Cleanser should be included with Disk Director Suite!

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Defenestration, Aug 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

I currently use PowerQuest Partition Magic which has been very good for my needs. However, I was recently tempted to purchase DDS to replace it since I was impressed by the fact it supported partition sizes up to 2TB, and also came with other useful tools in the suite (eg. Boot manager). I had also seen another piece of Acronis software called Drive Cleanser a while back and naturally assumed this would be included in the DDS due to it's functionality being an integral part of a Disk Management Suite.

Just as I was about to take advantage of a special offer on at the moment, and purchase DDS, I decided to re-check exactly what was included in the DDS, and was disappointed to find that Drive Cleanser was not included. Instead, it is included in Privacy Expert Suite, which I did not want.

I know I could have also purchased PES to get the DC functionality, but since this functionality should already be part of the DDS IMO, I changed my mind and decided not to purchase DDS until it comes with Drive Cleanser.

So Acronis, please can you add Drive Cleanser to the Disk Director Suite (Maybe in the next release of DDS ?).

FYI, I am already a user of TrueImage 8.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Last edited: Sep 1, 2005
  3. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Defenestration

DDS9 does have a cleaning tool included it, but it only overwrite the HDD with 00, as many number of time you chose.

Or only chosen Partition if you do not wish to wipe the whole HDD.

Also included is a recovery tool, which can be used to recover corrupt or deleted Partition, plus a disk editing tool.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

4. Defenestration

Hi Quest,

I didn't realise that it included a basic cleaning tool, which is a plus. I would still like the full capabilities of Drive Cleanser in the next version of DDS though :)

5. Defenestration

PS. The wish-list link you give is incorrect. Does anyone have the correct link ?

6. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Defenestration

The vey first Thread sticky in the Acronis True Image Product Line forum :- Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Defenestration,

Please accept my apologies for the incorrect link. I have corrected it.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.