Drive Backup - Tools - File Transfer to NAS

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by ceeldee, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ceeldee

ceeldee Registered Member

Along with other NAS related problems in Paragon Backup and Recovery Suite 10 ( paid $69.95). The file transfer from Tools menu will not detect or recognise my NAS drive under Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit. If you try and use the manual assignment it says it cant because the the NAS has a remembered connection. It does of course because the drive is already mapped on the network and cant be mapped again. Funnily enough if you use the Restore menu you can restore file to a folder but it comes in a folder structure not just the file to folder operation that I want. I wonder if these guys ever bought any hardware/software to test the product before selling it.
    All these NAS problems are encountered as soon as you use the product with Windows 7 yet the claim that it worked with Windows 7 was the reason I didnt upgrade Acronis 11. I cant seem to lodge my complimentary ( non existent ? ) service support request because on submit it says there is an error although all required fields are completed. Hopefully some one from Paragon reads this forum and they can fix what seem to be basic bugs.

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello Ceeldee,

If the NAS is mapped and is assigned a drive letter in Windows, Paragon recognizes that as if it's a local hard drive. Are you not able to save to the directory even though it's already mapped and accessible in Windows?

Please post a screenshot and we'll be glad to help you out here.

Also feel free to contact us at our office 1 888 347 5462.

3. cammint

cammint Registered Member

In a similar vein, the "Create File Complement" Wizard doesn't work with a NAS archive unless the archive has been mapped to a drive letter.

On completing the Wizard, the 'Location' field is blank and give rise to an error. (NAS screenshot attached, I hope; not tried to do this before.)

NAS screenshot.png

(BTW, why-oh-why do the 'clipboard' file selection dialogs not permit multiple files to be selected at once?!)

Thanks,

4. ceeldee

Hi Paragon Tommy here is a sequence of screen shots with The Tools File Transfer.

Scrn1.jpg

Scrn2.jpg

Scrn3.jpg

Screen 1 No NAS Shown. Screen 2 Try to Map. Screen 3 Error because it is already mapped and shows on my network map.

5. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

If it's already mapped, why not select the assigned mapped drive letter to open under Source. Same thing for backing up and restoring.

I know with our products and NAS, multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name are not allowed and you have to disconnect the previous connection.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  6. ceeldee

Because the drive letter is not offered under Source even though the drive is mapped. Tried a screen shot but I have probably used my space quota.

This seems the same problem as System Backup initiation where network drives are not detected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.