Drive Backup Server 10 - errors 0x1200e and 0x12016

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by chillburgh, Aug 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chillburgh

chillburgh Registered Member

I have a stand-alone Windows Server 2003 32bit box. It has a 1TB SATA drive partitioned into C: and D: drives. I am attempting to create an image of C: and store it on D: I am using Drive Backup Server 10 to accomplish this.

The drive is new, with a fresh install of the OS. I wish to image it before I load all sorts of crap on it in case I need to return to a fresh state.

When I use VSS I receive error 0x12016. When I switch to Paragon Hot Backup I receive error 0x1200e.

In an attempt to remedy this I have:
    - ran 'chkdsk c: /r' multiple times
    - ran Paragon's built-in surface scan
    - ran Samsung's ES-Tool surface scan

Attached is a screencap of Paragon when it fails. It ALWAYS fails at 9% complete, whether VSS or Paragon Hot Backup is being used.

I downloaded a copy of Active@ Disk Image and it appears to create the backup without issue. But I'd rather run Paragon since I have used their other software products before with good success.

The one point that I wanted to note is that I am executing Paragon Drive Backup Server 10 as Administrator from a Terminal Services session, as the server is remote in a datacenter. I'm not sure if this would come into play with your software but I wanted to mention it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

These errors means that there are bad blocks on your HDD.
    Please use HDD vendor's utilities to find and repair bad blocks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.