Dr Web

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by gery, Jul 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gery

gery Registered Member

Wasn't Dr web to become a suite with the essential components FW AN AS antispam and parental control? Any idea why they did not implement the Firewall? And when is this feature coming up?

2. format_c

format_c Registered Member

this fall or winter

3. risl

risl Registered Member

I hope they would focus on completing the current products before starting to even think about firewalls etc.

- The GUI of present Windows antiviruses is like from time before stonehenge.
    Version 5 only gave us a few icons remade and some small pictures in not important sections. The program doesn't look very promising for someone who wants to try it.
    - We still don't have a proper quarantine for handling suspicious files and false positives.
    - There is no x64 version.

4. gery

gery Registered Member

for the same reasons you mentioned i quit using it a two months before and i will not use my license for a while . I hope they take these and other issues seriously

5. Malcontent

Malcontent Registered Member

Me too.

6. risl

risl Registered Member

I have to use it because I was an idiot and renewed for 2 years after v5 was released. It's just too much for my ego to use a free AV after I've just paid for one.

7. Malcontent

I only have 4 months left on my Dr. Web license. I won't be renewing. I don't think I'm going to be buying any more licenses for anti-virus software any time soon. Not when there are decent free ones available.

8. gery

gery Registered Member

renewing for two years is a bit too much IMO for any product. I can tell that since i bought my license i have only used a month or two. The only thing i like about the Dr is the name on top of the gui. I also have a PANDA IS laying dead on my email usless and very bloated. We have an expression in here that says that ;the failures of stupidity never become lessons for life.

9. risl

risl Registered Member

It is a good program, but it just doesn't have some of these already mentioned basic features. There is alot of potential but it's frustrating to see them not use it.

10. Badcompany

Badcompany Registered Member

I think Drweb as no interest in version 5, we have been waiting for a quarantine module for years.IMO they are only interested in enterprise/ Company programs.I have not used Drweb for months, Plus, there attitude to customers is disgraceful. I don't think anyone should buy there Antivirus until they change there attitude.:thumbd:
    Badcompany.

11. thehudd

thehudd Registered Member

I, too, am sitting on an unused license because no 64bit version is available. Since the Doctor has been paid, maybe he's in no hurry.

12. cqpreson

cqpreson Registered Member

I heard Dr Web had been a military antivirus software.Is it true?
    I used it,its function is very good.It good at healing the file.But it seems its guard is not very good.

13. Malcontent

I believe a lot of their resources are being used to market/develop their enterprise anti-virus package (AV Desktop). Dr. Web seems to make announcements every week about new ISP's, government services, and other large businesses buying their commercial anti-virus product. NO announcements about their consumer products. Their commercial product is what is making them the most money now. Not the consumer products. That is probably why development is slow for the consumer anti-virus products.

14. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Is C.S.J. on vacation? Normally he'd be all over this.

15. gery

gery Registered Member

i haven't seen him for a long long time.o_O o_O o_O o_O around here

16. gery

gery Registered Member

is it possible to manually download the updates and install them ?

17. cdr

cdr Registered Member

:) Chris is now an official Moderator on the Dr. Web forum! So, it looks like he is focusing his attention and expertise there, instead of here on Wilders. At least, that's my thoughts about why we don't hear from him much anymore.

18. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Folks,

Let's stay on topic.....

Blue

19. risl

risl Registered Member

If this was a thread for some other AV, a staff member would have already commented something. Perhaps given more precise information than "will be done" "soon".

Comments like those should be given a typical Dr.Web detection name. Maybe "Probably infected with CRAPPY.Explanation", "Willbe.Done.Soon.origin", "Tobereleased.Next.Winter.76040" or "NoAccurate.Information.based"

20. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Shh, the firewall will be cancelled and then some screenshots will leak out :ninja:

:D

Just kidding, well, I do hope the company steps up development of its consumer products........It does seem to me that lately Dr.Web has focused more on the Russian market and the enterprise market.

21. catnotspam

catnotspam Registered Member

22. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

A couple off-topic posts removed. The thread was about an upcoming Dr.Web suite, not about someone buying a new PC.

Since format_c says it won't be out until "this fall or winter", it's probably best to wait until it gets closer and more detailed information is available, in order to discuss it further.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.