Dr.Web, Renewal and Support

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by RealResults, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RealResults

RealResults Registered Member

Just wanted to share my recent experience with Dr.Web. License was about to expire so last Friday used the renewal page on their website, filled in the info and attached my key. Got no response. Repeated this process on Monday morning. Got no response. This morning (Tuesday) sent them an email telling them the above and would like to renew. Used the designated link on their site for tech support. This evening still no response. Went and checked my spam filter and nothing there.

I have licenses for several AV and change occasional just for grins so not getting the renewal is no big deal. But Dr.Web sure does make it difficult for someone to want to do business with them. Gave them three opportunities. I’m done. If anything changes will update this post.

2. Arin

Arin Registered Member

Thats pathetic! Have you tried their forum? Maybe you can contact a local
    reseller.

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

Hiya RealResults,
    Are you using the support form and/or email address from here? Dr.Web's support (for me) hasn't always been the fastest but, they have always responded. When I went through the renewal process it took about a day for them to respond.

4. Antus

Antus Registered Member

I would like to second that in reference to response and how Dr.Web handles customers. I had a similar situation with them as I emailed their support about a problem I had in the past trying to install their software on my test computer.....well they were slow to answer for starters....when they annswered they said they could not find my support ticket in their database and since I was not a license customer they closed my request for support out. Very rude and unprofessional in my opinoin:(

5. RealResults

RealResults Registered Member

Namor,

Yes that is the tech support email address I used that you have linked to in your post.

This is the link I used twice for the renewal

http://buy.drweb.com/renew/?lng=en

As an update, it is Wednesday morning and have not received a discount renewal coupon or had any response from tech support. Nothing but silence.

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

@RealResults

Did you try filling out the support form as well? Recently, I tried to reinstall Dr.Web on my computer and could not get Dr.Web to Download my key during the install process. So I filled out the tech support form AND sent them an email, they replied about 12hrs later. Just shoot them a messege through the "Technical support request form" and give them your purchase info. Also, maybe you could try contacting support using a different email address and see it you get a response... Just a thought

http://support.drweb.com/new/orders/

7. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Well, I had a decent experience with Dr.Web's support - Even though the answer I received was very short, it fulfilled the purpose and cleared my doubts, so that is good enough.

The only thing I found strange was that the answer seemed to have been typed by someone who was at the end of his/her shift and wanted to go home quick.

8. Severyanin

Severyanin AV Expert

Thank you for bringing this topic to a separate thread.
    We have been experiencing problems of mail delivering with our new product testing this week. I am sure the problem is solved by now. We have discovered a lot of mail undelivered. Really sorry for this.
    You can contact me in private to point to your support ticket number (if you have created one).

9. Severyanin

Severyanin AV Expert

This happens sometimes - people do not get mails from our electronic delivery system due to anti-spam filters (not client, but servers). Using our support tracker always resolves the problem.

10. Severyanin

Severyanin AV Expert

I am the one who closed your ticket. If anyone here in the forum can give me a hint how to support a demo-user without any detail (logs, screenshots) about the user's problems I will be more than happy.
    If your purpose is to complain about Dr.Web - well, please talk here. If you have a specific problem that you need to be solved - you are welcome to our support tracker. But please be specific. If we are late answering you - this means we are trying to find your traces without starting a dialogue with you. If you did not explain your problem in details - well, we cannot help you though we really want to.

Sorry that such approach is used to show the Dr.Web support is bad.

11. Barney

Barney Registered Member

Renewing DrWeb has always been a nightmare for me also. There are about 65,000 different websites that offer Drweb and all of them different. Half of the time when I click the renew button after entering my credit card number, the site locks up, times out, or just plain sits there for 45 minutes. Then onece the transaction goes through (6 years later), you end up waiting half of your life for the key to be sent to you. This is the most awkward, unpleasant and flat out scary process to go through. About 2 weeks out before my key expires, I start to tremble, sweat and have to resort to induced vomiting to make myself feel better. DrWEB needs to get this renew process down pat. If I have any problems on the next purchase, I am going elsewhere.

Barney

12. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

I have renewed twice and haven't had any problems.... :doubt:

13. RobZee

RobZee Registered Member

My two renewals have been straightforward and no hassles.

14. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Barney, I've told you a BILLION times to stop exaggerating.:D

Seriously, though -- I renewed DrWeb painlessly.

15. marcromero

marcromero Guest

I just used my current Nod32 license to migrate over to DrWeb, it went down without a hitch, requested and received coupon code in a couple of hours, purchased online through element5, transaction went flawlessly, less than 30 minutes later I had my license key email from DrWeb, downloaded and installed software, inserted key during installation process, up and running...

Marc

16. Firecat

I too had just a minor problem while purchasing Dr.Web, but they solved it quickly, so everything's alright.

I just wish that Dr.Web had an encrypted quarantine like Virus Chaser does. :)

17. marcromero

marcromero Guest

I guess that would be an enhancement, but is it necessary ? I can live with or without an encrypted quarantine feature, as long as it quarantines the threat.

18. Badcompany

Badcompany Registered Member

Hello Forum,
    I have contacted Dr.Web support 4 times in the last three weeks,All have been answered within 30mins. Excellent support.
    Badcompany.

19. marcromero

marcromero Guest

I have had no need to contact support for any reason, but it's good to know they respond quickly if you need them... thanks for the heads up...

20. Firecat

I know that Dr.Web 5.0 will indeed have an encrypted quarantine. I have noticed that Dr.Web 4.x at the moment is much heavier than its clone Virus Chaser. Considering that I have separate On-Demand scanners, an encrypted quarantine would really be a big plus. Of course, the resource usage will also be reduced with version 5, but I would like to have an encrypted quarantine as a stop-gap feature till v5 releases.

I know it is possible to simply exclude Dr.Web's quarantine folder but IMO that is not really a fix.

21. marcromero

marcromero Guest

I'm looking forward to DrWeb 5.0 myself, don't know how they could make it any better, but I like surprizes ! :D

22. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Maybe wishful thinking, with the HTTP scanner, SpIDerGate hopefully out of beta in this version ;)

23. Firecat

I'm pretty sure that at least the On-Demand scan speed will be improved in v5. As for SpiderGate, well, no thoughts at the moment :)

24. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

This might not be exactly on topic, but I completely agree with Dr Web's philosophy; concision, optimization, and low resource requirements. As those of you who have been here for a while may know, I've tried and used every AV there is. But I keep coming back to Dr Web. It realy says a lot about a company if there are willing to give free protection software for its users. Cureit is great and is representative of Dr Web's attitude; security with little cost. That being said, I am very much looking forward to version 5. There are things that can be improved. I do hope they have an all-inclusive interface and ditch the seperate module idea. Also, I hope they take a page from, VBA's playbook and add the option for varying levels of heuristics. Any idea when a beta will be ready?

25. marcromero

marcromero Guest

I hope they don't change it alot, just improve on what they already have, it's a unique av program, I like the interface and separate modules myself, that's what makes DrWeb, DrWeb. I look forward to the new version and it's improved capabilities, as long as the color stays green...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.