Dr Web questions

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by n8chavez, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I have Dr Web 4.33.2 installed. I think that is going to be my main AV from now on. And I think I've having an resource useage issue with it. It seems to be using around 53 meg. I have been using the doc for years now and I have never experienced this, until recently. Maybe there is something wrong with a recent update. Has anyone else had this happen before? Should I contact support?

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/8852/screenshot721200692608pmwo2.th.png

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Are you sure about this?
    After your previous experience definitely not :rolleyes: :eek: :D

3. n8chavez

This is a little strange I have to say; seeing you at both forums. And I have to say you are taking this suprisingly well. I half expected you to say "et tu n8chavez." But sadly I have never been able to fix the context menu problems. The mods at the VBA32 forum don't seem to understand that I cannot do any steps to recreate the issue. That and the fact that my licence ends in september made Dr Web an easy choice. VBA32 I don't think it quite ready yet; no archive scanning (a la Dr Web or NOD32), scheduler, and they have real problems with the RTM. I'm a college student and money is, well valuable.

Well it is true that I have not had a very good experience with them this one time. And since I won't be given a refund...done deal doc. But I thought it might be worth taking to support because it might benefit other users, if indeed this is an actual confirmable bug.

4. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Oh my, n8, the doctor on your computer got one beeeg bambucha! My doc's bambucha is many centimeters shorter than your doc's. :blink:

See pretty picture below.

Attached Files:

• drw.gif
      drw.gif
      File size:
      4 KB
      Views:
  5. Blackcat

The usual low VM usage here; even when I loaded up SpiderMail, the total memory usage was only 15MB and SpIDerMail accounted for 10MB!

Had you just carried out a memory/on-demand scan when you noticed these high figures and were your VM figures also on the high side?

This is because the "memory" does apparently jump a lot after these scans but the actual VM results do actually stay the same.

Results shown on a Win XP SP2 system.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2006
  6. n8chavez

Uh...what?

I woke up this morning after having ran a complete system scan during the night...this is what I was. I still see high resource useage even after the scan has long since been completed

Attached Files:

7. n8chavez

Then I restarted my system and this is what my resource useage looks like. Now granted after a reboot everything is going to be "in shape" understandably, but I just wanted to show you the drastic differences. Is this normal?

Maybe I am thinking about this wrong. After looking at the total memory useagre number on the bottom of the last two images, I think I need to have something clarified for me or my mistake pointed out. If I were to add the all the numbers in the Mem Useage collumn shouldn't I end up with th commit charge number? If that is the case then why is there only a 40 meg difference between the two commit charge numbers, when clearly the respective collumns wouldn't add up that way?

Attached Files:

8. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

Archive scanning is cominhg in VBA32, this has been stated many times. :)
    3.11.1 alpha is available now, I am running and it is hell of alot quicker, the "process only new files" option seems to be fixed. And also the system is back to a 3.10 feel to is in response time.

Sorry O/T, but was worth mentioning, IMO
    The good Dr. has lost a bit of respect from me for the recent "changes" they have made to the software, and the like.

9. n8chavez

Could you PM me with the details? I am interested in what you think of Dr Web, or more importantly, why they have lost your respect. But this doesn't seem like the appropraite thread.

10. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

No, it doesn't and furthermore what you have seen is not uncommon, Ewido will do the same after a scan.

11. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

Agreed and PM sent :)
    Please don't anyone read into my comments on Dr. Web, they are soley my own and should be taken with a grain of salt.

12. Blackcat

If you read my previous post carefully, you will see that this apparent "high" memory usage is normally seen after a memory scan with Dr Web.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.