Dr.Web in your browser

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by chaos16, Jul 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

http://info.drweb.com/show/2653

wat is this a antivirus plugin for mozilla firefox?

anyone knows anything about it.

i wonder if its compatible with my security products coz if it is and its a plugin i would download it for sure but want to get a professional opinion

Doctor Web, Ltd., the developer of the popular Dr.Web anti-virus, announces release of the new free service developed for users traveling on the World Wide Web with the help of Mozilla, Mozilla Firefox, MS Internet Explorer or Opera.

New free service by Doctor Web, Ltd. is designed as a plug-in, which scans for viruses and different kinds of malicious programs, such as dialers, spywares or adwares any link to a page before it is s opened, or any file before it is downloaded onto a computer with the most up-to-date version of the Dr.Web scanner and hot add-ons to the virus base, released twice per hour – no other antivirus company releases updates so often!

To scan a link or a file, you should neither to install the Dr.Web antivirus onto your computer, nor download the file you want to open or save — the scanning for viruses is done on the servers of the Global updating system of the Dr.Web antivirus. Depending on the size of the checked file, the scanning will be done in several seconds and then you can open the page or download the file and never fear of a virus attack.

To enjoy our service, just install the plug-in for your browser:

* for Mozilla - Firefox
    Click the "Install Now" on the page with the plug-in. Depending on your security settings, enable installation of modules from web-site addons.mozilla.org. In most cases, a window warning on installation will appear. The window will have two buttons "Cancel" and "Install now". Press "Install now". Restart browser. (More info)

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

and it wont conflict with any of my programs not even my antivirus.

wat does it wok like http scanso_Oo_O

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Since it doesn't scan locally, there should be no conflicts.

From the download site. This plugin allows you to check any file you are about to download, any page you are about to visit with online version of Dr.Web anti-virus! New menu item "Scan with Dr.Web" will appear on hyperlink context menu.

5. StU

StU Registered Member

I tested it with Opera 8.01, really great plug-in. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.