Dr Web Help

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by n8chavez, Feb 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I purchased Dr Web in August of 2003 when it was version 4.30. I bought the home version for roughly $25. I am allowed one upgrade for the year. Then the AV went to version 4.30a. If that considered my upgrade for the year or should I be able to upgrade to 4.31? Also, whenever I try to update 4.30a I get a message telling me I need to upgrade to the most recent version. I checked www.drweb.com and they want 50 euros ($63) for a year of updates and upgrades. I am affraid if I buy the home version and not the pro I will soon be in this situation again.

2. TAG97

TAG97 Registered Member

Good Question,
    From what you described it looks like you have to upgrade in order to update.I had the home version for the past three years and had no problems upgrading more than once a year.
    I think they're referring to a new version 5 that is a long way down the road. So upgrade to 4.31 and please post the results.
    Best regards
    Tim

3. n8chavez

Shortly after I bought Dr Web, version 4.30, the new version, 4.30a, came out. I'm not sure if that counted as my one upgrade or not. I'm not able to upgrade to 4.31 because I lost the email with my info on it. I've tried contacting support but I have not gotton a response yet. I don't want to have to pay $63, 50 euros, for the pro version.

4. Trans

Trans Registered Member

I believe that you can uninstall old version,
    install the new one and just copy in the new
    DrWeb directory your old drweb32.key file
    (THAT YOU HAVE SAVED FIRST :D)

You can also wait for a response from them
    or ask in their forum

5. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

What can you do is open your key file by using notepad. It should tell you for what version your drweb32.key was intended.

Looks like this:
    Version=All
    Applications=DrWeb32W,SpIDer9x,SpIDerNT,SpIDerMailHome
    Created=31-12-2003 (23:11)
    Expires=31-12-2004 (23:11)
    SubscriptionExpires=31-12-2004 (23:11)

If there is "Version=4.30" line in your key file I am afraid you won't be able to upgrade to 4.31. Sure I could be completely wrong.

Next time buy/renewal DrWeb from them directly( http://www.dials.ru/english/commerce/). Its a lot cheaper then what you've paid for your license (I assume from http://www.drweb-online.com/en/index.asp). ;)

tECHNODROME

6. Firefighter

Firefighter Registered Member

To everyone from Firefighter!

If u are a new customer to DrWeb, look at this link:

https://www.regnow.com/softsell/nph-softsell.cgi?affiliate=14776&item=8008-4&linkid=shareup.net

Unfortunately I couldn't find any renewal options from this reseller, so I had to use the second cheapest choice that Technodrome posted!

PS. There is always something weird in my links!!!! o_O

"The truth is out there, but it hurts!"

Best regards,
    Firefighter!

7. n8chavez

Technodrome,

Unfirtunately I bought a new liscence at www.drweb.com hours before I saw you post :( I bought the professional version so I wuoldn't run ito the same problem again. I noticed on a post you listed a URL to a site where you could buy liscence renewals. Do you know if that also applies to the pro version as well. If that is the case would it e like I just traded in an expired pro version for another one for $20. I hope it works out that way.

My liscence looks like this (hope it's the pro)

[Key]
    VR=
    AP=
    CR=
    EX=
    SE=
    Version=All
    Applications=DrWeb386,DrWebWCL,DrWeb32W,SpIDer9x,SpIDerNT,SpIDerMailHome,ControlCenterHome,DrWebTheBatPlugin
    Created=08-02-2004 (05:56)
    Expires=07-02-2005 (05:56)
    SubscriptionExpires=08-02-2005 (05:56)

8. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

Yes. It’s for the workstation version of DrWeb, which basically is Pro version.

Looks good to me...

tECHNODROME

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.