Dr.Web® for Windows 4.33 realized

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by AndreyKa, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndreyKa

AndreyKa Registered Member

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

Hi AndreyKa,
    Is there a changelog anywhere?

3. HERE4ADAY

HERE4ADAY Guest

They are only listing Beta versions of the enterprise suite and windows server on the main page. Is this the actual release for home users?. I hope it is, I've been waiting for the new Doctor for a while now.

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

It's the actual release, just DL'ed it. Seem like they really cleaned up the interface... :D

5. xike

xike Registered Member

will the current drweb 4.32b updater update the module when update the database. Drweb used to be able to update the components module online, no need to reinstall again.

Anyone has installed drweb 4.33 for homeuser, may i know what the scanner version being displayed? Last time i tried the 4.33 enterprise but the scanner version still showing 4.32b :(

http://download.drweb.com/?lng=en
    above website still displaying "Now version 4.32b of the Dr.Web anti-virus is available for free downloading."

A few screenshots for drweb 4.33 will be appreciated :)

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 28, 2005
  6. HERE4ADAY

HERE4ADAY Guest

WOO-HOO, SOMETHING NEW TO PLAY WITH WHEN I GET HOME. Does it incorporate the spyware bases too?.

7. HERE4ADAY

HERE4ADAY Guest

This forum link had a few screenshots: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=95237&highlight=drweb

8. iwod

iwod Registered Member

Finally have the chance to test out Dr.Web. Famous for low resource usage.

And after i disabled Dr.Web Scheduler ( using window internal scheduler you can archieve the same thing ) and Mail Scan its mem usage is only slightly above F-Prot. ( 5 Mb Compare to Fprot 3 Mb )

My only problem is that after i untick Disable Enhanced protection mode CPu usage will shoot to 100%

9. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

I don't get it, their homepage is splashed with beta testing banners and they list the two platforms that are under beta testing. Is this the actual release of version 4.33 for windows and does it incorporate the spyware definitions?. Don't get me wrong...I hope this is the big day... :eek: :D

10. IBK

IBK AV Expert

- it does include the spyware definitions
    - has a new gui
    - the heuristic detection was improved much

those are the 3 things i noticied first.

11. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

Yes and yes. Detailed information about the latest version is available at DrWeb.ru (in Russian) and it should appear soon at drweb.com.

tD

12. fredra

fredra Registered Member

Hi
    Do you install it OVER the old version 4.32b?
    or
    Do you have to remove the old version before installing 4.33?
    Thanks
    Cheers :)

13. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

This new version does not like my computer. After going thru the install process which is similar to the previous version and rebooting, upon restarting it will freeze up. I disabled processguard which I thought might be blocking something. I tried another installer thinking maybe the previous one might be missing a nut or bolt. Still had the same outcome. Something is weird here. I've been running the Doctor for a couple years. This is dissapointment in full bloom... :doubt:

14. Benvan45

Benvan45 Registered Member

Just install over the old version.......and everything works like a charm!

;) Putin

15. AndreyKa

AndreyKa Registered Member

Are there any more the file system monitoring programs on your PC?
    Submit a request to DrWeb support on this page:
    http://support.drweb.com/request/

16. Firefighter

Firefighter Registered Member

According to online IMTranslator:

>Brief information on changes in version 4.33 of anti-virus program Dr. Web® for Windows 95-XP for workstations:

1. The number of known packers is essentially increased.
    2. Detecting nocuous programs of a class spyware/adware is added.
    3. The opportunity of background scanning of objects loaded into memory is added.
    4. The opportunity of check of the started processes is added at updating virus bases.
    5. Protection of a configuration file (drweb32.ini) from not authorized changes is entered.

Fuller and developed list of changes will be published later.

With an output of the new version for Windows 95-XP for workstations temporarily, up to the special announcement, the algorithm of updating of versions for Windows 95-XP for workstations is changed. Its substantive provisions:

1. Up to the special announcement simultaneous support of the version 4.32b and 4.33 will be carried out.
    2. Up to the special announcement for each version own area of updating is supported.
    3. Automatic updating up to version 4.33 in a usual automatic mode is temporarily disconnected.
    4. Up to the special announcement additional virus bases will be simultaneously issued for two versions.
    5. Additional opportunities of transition to version 4.33 are entered:

Variant 1:

* to receive the distribution kit from area

http://drweb.ru/get/

and to make installation of the new version.

Variant 2:

* to receive a special file of management of updatings (http://updates.drweb.ru/433/windows/update.drl) versions 4.33 under the reference
    * to replace the corresponding file which is being the catalogue with the established version 4.32b on received
    * to start the program of automatic updating, as a result the version 4.32b will be updated up to version 4.33 automatically

Restrictions of a variant 2:

* the given variant is possible only for the key files of protection created after September, 1st, 2004
    * absence of regional language resources

The further reception of additions for version 4.33 will be is made in a usual automatic mode without dependence from the used variant.

6. In the field of updating the version 4.32b necessary additions (additional virus bases) from version 4.33 will continue to be made.

The distribution kit of version 4.33 Dr. Web® for Windows 95-XP for workstations is accessible in section

http://drweb.ru/get/

The distribution kit of the version 4.32b Dr. Web® for Windows 95-XP for workstations is accessible here

ftp://ftp.drweb.ru/pub/archive/windows/432/

Additional virus bases for the version 4.32b Dr. Web® for Windows 95-XP for workstations, are accessible to uploading manually here

ftp://ftp.drweb.ru/pub/archive/windows/432/bases/

=========================================================

Best regards,
    Firefighter!

17. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

I got the new version running. I narrowed the problem down to Processguard. As soon as I activated it something in DrWEB and Processguard went into disagreement. Everything related to DrWEB seems to be authorized but who knows. Processguard can be very temperamental at times. I uninstalled Processguard in safe mode and now DrWEB is running smooth as butter. With A2 and its IDS and Counterspy and all its monitors maybe Processguard isn't all that necessary. I may try re-installing it later and adding it to the Doctors exclude list. WHAT AN IMPROVEMENT TO THE DOCTOR THOUGH, I like this... :D :cool: :eek: :D

18. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

Any word on how much the new heuristic detection changes the outcome for the August 2005 On-demand comparative results?

:D

19. shorty1

shorty1 Registered Member

Memory use does seem to be a little higher than previous versions so I would assume that is due to some changes under the hood but I don't know this. At first blush it runs smoothly on my computer and I have had no problems. One of the changes I have noticed is that modifying the SpiDer Guard settings no longer require a reboot to take affect. This has long been a complained about and I'm glad they changed it.

I also had requested, and they promised it would be so, that the option to use the malware definitons "drwnasty" and "drwrisky" to be made optional.

At first I thought they had not done this but after further review I see that this is possible by setting the action to ignore for such detections. Simple and effective solution. I like.

20. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

What kind of settings are you folks applying to the malware/riskware files in the new version?. This is a whole new world for us DrWEB users and I'm just curious.. :rolleyes: ;)

21. shorty1

shorty1 Registered Member

I always have DrWeb set to Report in all cases of a detection, the exception being Jokes, Riskware and Hacktools which I have set to ignore.

22. fredra

fredra Registered Member

For the first time I got two FP's with the new 4.33.
    Could anyone provide a URL where I can send this information to Dr. Web?
    Thanks

23. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

http://support.drweb.com/request/

24. fredra

fredra Registered Member

Hi NAMOR
    Thanks..much appreciated.

25. OnTheEdge

OnTheEdge Guest

I also am having some of the issues others are having with v4.33 as follows:

1. Under Spider Guard, when “Disable enhanced protection mode” is unchecked CPU usage spikes to 100% and stays at 100%. Reboot does not solve the problem.

2. When changes are made to Spider Guard and the “OK” button is hit, get fluctuating high CPU usage until the computer is rebooted.. After reboot, things seem ok. This is of course with “Disable enhanced protection mode” checked.

3. The date under spider mail for “Last Update” is off by exactly one month. Update should read today’s date 28.09.2005 but reads 28.08.2005. Spider Guard and Scanner report correct update date.

4. If Process Guard is enabled, computer locks up as soon as I get to the desktop. Disabling Process Guard seems to resolve the issue.

5. Got a false positive with on-demand scan with iKernel.dll. This file is part of intel’s InstallShield located at c:\Program Files\Common Files\ InstallShield\Professional\Run Time\10\50\Intel32. Dr.Web scanner reports the file is “Probably DLOADER.Trojan.”

Submitted the file to virusscan.jotti.org and came back clean. This is the first false positive I have had with Dr.Web.

6. Presume I have a false positive with the Zone Labs install file zlsSetup_60_631_003.exe. Dr.Web scanner reports vsmon.exe is “Probably BACKDOOR.Trojan.” I did not submit the file to virusscan.jotti.org but this file was downloaded from Zone Alarm’s web site.

I am running this on XP Home. With v4.32b I had no issues. Hope they can work out the kinks quickly. Really like Dr.Web for my needs and my system. Does anyone know how long they will provide updates for v4.32b? Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.