Dr Web CureIt

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JerryM, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Can Dr Web CureIt be used from a thumbdrive?

Thanks,
    Jerry

2. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Yep, no problem,

Gerard

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Hi Gerard,
    Thanks for the reply.
    Regards,
    Jerry

4. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

:thumb: Can be a real life\business saver. Quick related story. I used to maintain a 3 PC network for a Friend\small business owner. Got a PANIC :eek: call from him. Seems the PC with all his CAD drawings, shop art, etc. (luckily NOT networked to his other 3 in his shop) had BSOD`d. Loaded up the latest Dr WEB on my thumb drive and headed over. Was able to bring up the tower in safe mode. Ran a full scan. Was able to cure\remove\re-name enough of the nasties to be able to boot normally. The relief on his face was almost comical if it had not been so genuine. Showed him all his important files were safe\intact. Brought the tower home with me. Burned them to a couple CDs`. Formatted the drive\fresh install of the OS\his programs\transfered his files and away he went. :D Yes he had a resident AV, no he did not keep it updated (on dial-up) or keep the PC on any set times to run scheduled scans.

5. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

What a Champ you are ThunderZ :thumb: Bet he WUZ relieved that you came to the rescue with Dr Web CureIt. Had to make his day, right? :cool:

I helped a neighbor similarly recently. He been after me for weeks to help but i was just way too busy to free up even a minute, then i finally got there. The guy's PC performance was like the flow from a jar of molasses, pop ups and redirects at every turn. Even gave me a few anxious moments at first, so i can imagine how serious his urgency really was.

Done the same, loaded up the Cure in SafeMode and pulled the rest of the gunked files out manually and that PC took off like it just left a bear trap. LoL

IE is a magnet for pests from every corner of the world, even the next block from home.

6. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

:oops: Thanks EASTER. Only posted to back-up the fact that Dr. WEB on a thumb drive is a GREAT lil` tool.
    Tried to get him into FF and TB. Unfortunately he really hated PCs and most everything related. If not for his need for CAD and a few other designing programs I really think he would`t even have one little on 4 machines.

7. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks for the additional information.

Best,
    Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.