Dr.Web CureIt for free?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by BrainWarp, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrainWarp

BrainWarp Registered Member

2. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

I'm using this as a demand AV on XP. Frequent updates involve re-downloading the application, which is a stand-alone (no install required), about 5.1 megs.
    Works very nicely, and fast. A few FP's at times, prob due heuristics. I can live with that.
    Generally run it once a week or so. Haven't found anything yet, in fact, haven't received a virus warning generally for ages.

3. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Cureit is a great free on-demand scanner like ewido micro. I use it quite often these days. I also use the free dr web link scanner when browsing the net. Go Dr web!

4. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

No install, .exe - cureit.exe just run it. Dr.Web updates very regularily and the next time you run it, the program will warn of being out of date and offer to download the latest CureIt. Just carefully go through the results when finished.

5. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i use dr web cure it sometimes as well.
    its very useful when cleaning out infected systems for friends and family.
    stick it on usb pen and scan.
    i wish more companies would make a free on demand scanner that you have to redownload to get the updates (hint hint kaspersky)
    also (hint hint nod32)
    lodore

6. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Eset used to have a free nod32 on-demand scanner. I don't know what happened to it or why they discontinued it. I was forced to use mcafee standalone scanner after that. Now i use dr web.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.