Dr.WEB Anti-virus, Time-limited offer - February 5-28, 2007

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Malcontent, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MalwareDie

MalwareDie Registered Member

Yeah your new avatar is much better. Hope all you who got your licenses before february get spam for free.

2. Miyagi

Miyagi Registered Member

Not really...
    According to their website, current users need to buy 1 year license and get their remaining license extended.
    http://info.drweb.com/show/3030/en

I don't understand why Dr.Web keeps quiet about the renewal price? Why force users to buy a new 1 year licenseo_O It makes more sense to give the free anti-spam license till the current term and allow users to decide if they want to renew later and charge. The marketing department needs help or is this their approach to marketing?

EDIT: URL link updated

3. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

yep,

ive just been sent an email, saying i need to buy another year, even though i already a licence that wont even run out till dec 2009, and unless i do that, i wont get the SPAM.

THIS IS POOR DR.WEB!

4. Malcontent

Malcontent Registered Member

You and Miyagi beat me to this. I posted this in a serperate thread before I found you posts.

5. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

My license only expires in late 2008. Like hell I'm going to renew it now.....

Very bad of Dr.Web, this is. They will only lose customers by such methods.

6. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

You can still use DrWEB without the Anti-Spam with your current license. They still have a download link for it on the website. It still stinks though, free Anti-Spam but you have to renew to get it...:thumbd: :cautious:

7. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

C.S.J., did you mean March 5th and have you heard anymore on this?...o_O :D

8. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

nope mongol,

they chose their words very carefully, and did not mention the 1 year we all have to buy to get it free, so they didnt lie, nor did they really tell the truth. :rolleyes:

my question to them would be, if my licence doesnt run out till dec 2009, why would i need to buy another year to get the spam?

plus, damn i love my new avatar, not bad vista PAINT. haha :D

its a bit disconcerning how people will leave dr.web for the latest test result, or how they will leave them for this spam issue with the year renewal needed, i will keep the faith though and stick with the doctor, they need loyal customers :D

Last edited: Mar 5, 2007
  9. Miyagi

Miyagi Registered Member

Guys, you can try the anti-spam for free if you are current user. You do NOT have to buy now. I was just informed by them of this URL: http://support.drweb.com/faq/a17/#8

Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page.

-----
    Can I use Dr.WEB demo-version with anti-spam if I am currently a registered user of Dr.WEB Anti-virus for Windows?

1. Copy your current license key file for Dr.WEB Anti-virus for Windows into a safe location.
    2. Download distribution of Dr.WEB for Windows – Anti-virus + Anti-spam and install it over the already installed Dr.WEB Anti-virus for Windows".
    3. Right click the spider icon in the system tray and Choose “Register”. During the registration procedure, choose "Get demo key file". Demo key for version with anti-spam will be downloaded and installed automatically.
    -----

So indeed we can use it for a trial purposes. Trial time is unspecified at the moment. :)

10. Miyagi

Miyagi Registered Member

11. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

Miyagi,

your first link makes it sound as though users with a current licence can just download and install the spam version, and its working.......WITH SPAM.

----
    however, the 2nd link you provided, asks for the purchase of another year, and to submit the licence to them.

which is right, i dont know.... dr.web need to make this CLEAR to users.

12. Miyagi

Miyagi Registered Member

Basically, the company offers TRIAL for the AV/Anti-Spam software. Current users who wants to try can use the link above. If they want to purchase, they get an extended license period.

13. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

it doesnt add up,

i know dr.web is fairly priced, but why should i buy another year to get the spam when my licence doesnt even expire till dec 2009, why do they need the added year? is it loyality they are looking for, someone to stay with them a while or something, it just doesn't make any sense to me, AT ALL. o_O

14. Miyagi

Miyagi Registered Member

It's their marketing standard. It would be nice if they can give us 1-2 months free anti-spam but I guess the license file becomes another whole new issue. It seems like they cannot incorporate a free trial within your current license file unless you purchase a new one or use the trial license key.

From my personal experience, the news was not misleading. They mentioned the free trial which it was my fault of ignorance.

15. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i have no problem buying another year of dr.web onto my 2 year left, but the question i ponder on, is why i have to buy another year.

but i wont do it till a vista version is ready, ive already lost a month on my licence, refund? i doubt 100%..... o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.