Dr Watson

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by hollywoodpc, Mar 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

drwtsn wants to modify my iexplore sometimes . I have drwtsn set to be able to modify protected programs . But , it is never allowed to modify iexplore . Any help would be appreciated

2. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Hi hollywoodpc,

I believe Dr. Watson is trying to debug an IE crash and requires both terminate and modify permissions to do so (on protected apps). You should see drwtsn32.exe and then dwwin.exe execute when a crash occurs.

Nick

3. hollywoodpc

Thanks Nick . I have terminate checked also . And no dwwin.exe in PG .

4. nick s

nick s Registered Member

I see you're using Prevx Pro. Does it have any features that protect IE as well?

Nick

5. hollywoodpc

It is not Prevx . But , to answer your question , it does . Prevx was removed though . It is the PD alert that will not allow modification . Could it be Outpost not allowing it to modify EVEN though it is the PG that alerts me to NOT allowing it to modify .?

6. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Do you have Open Process Control enabled (in the Application tab/Components)? It will block network access for a modified process. Not sure if it blocks the modification though.

Nick

7. hollywoodpc

I do and it will . But , Outpost would popup telling me . Not PG . PG is what is stopping the modification and I cannot figure out why . And thank you for the time you are spending on this with me . That is super kind of you

8. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Just a guess, does drwtsn32.exe have permission to Access Physical Memory?

Nick

Edit: On second thought, PG would alert you there as well. Tough one to troubleshoot (assuming all your settings are correct) without being able to crash IE.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2005
  9. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

What is recommended as far as set up for drwtsn32.exe and dwwin.exe? Right now I have them shutoff.

10. hollywoodpc

Hi William .
    I think they ( DCS ) actually recommends turning them off . I cannot remember so do not quote me . I seem to remember being told that though .

11. hollywoodpc

Nick .
    No . Physical memory access is unchecked . I will try that . Thanks my friend

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.