DPMI error - RAID drivers related?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Maximus, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maximus

Maximus Registered Member

I am running a Dell T1650, Win7 64b, 16GB in non-raid mode. Backup&Recovery 11 Recovery Media burned to DVD does not work. When booting into Recovery Media Normal mode the machine just reboots. Trying any other mode only returns "DPMI error".

I have found only two other references to this error on this site. In one of them Paragon_Tommy (moderator?) answered in year 2009 this could be due to almost any hardware incompatibility issue. In that case most probably related to missing RAID drivers on Recovery Media iso.

My Dell T1650 is purchased in mid 2012. I want my Paragon product to work out of the box and not having to fiddle around building my own WinPE and spending lots of time trying to figure out what drivers might be missing on Recovery Media iso. Has anybody had this kind of experience with Backup & Recovery 12 Home? I do not want to buy a new license just find out I´m stuck with the same problem.:oops:

Or even better, does anybody know how to resolve my problem?:)

2. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

if you purchased the Backup and recovery 11 home software, there is a boot media builder installation which will assist you in creating a WinPE based recovery disk. The possible reason you are running into this issue is due to the fact that the Recovery media you are using is a hard coded linux based media, which is hard-coded for support. Attached below is a quick reference guide on how to create the WinPE media from the boot media builder installation.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.