Downloading Updates.

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by captainhook, Feb 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captainhook

captainhook Registered Member

Apologies if this has been already dealt with.

I downloaded the last update and loaded it, and it had almost finished loading when I got a Run-time error 5 message.
    Beneath it as you can see hopefully was a message stating invalid procedure call or argument.

I am running Windows XP, use Spybot S&D and Spyware Blaster, and have not had any previous problems with the program.

Attached Files:

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi captainhook :)

Welcome to Wilders.

Your answer is here,

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=12266

no.4 i believe. ;)

snowbound

3. captainhook

Thanks for your help Snowbound, but............

I start Spyware blaster again and it now tells me some files are corrupted, and asks me if I want to check for updates. Then Error reporting tells me Spyware blaster has encountered a problem and needs to shut down.

Newbies eh, LOL. Any help appreciated, even if it is the phone number of the local nuthouse.

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Might be a good idea to uninstall, then reinstall SpywareBlaster since the files are corrupt.

Make sure u uncheck all protection first if u decide to uninstall. Then do a search and make sure the file folder is gone also.

snowbound

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Actually, before you uninstall SpywareBlaster and then reinstall it, could you please send me a copy of the following files in your SpywareBlaster folder?

-sbdatabase.dtb
    -sbdatabase2.dtb
    -sbinfo.dtb
    -ckdatabase.dtb

Please send those files attached to an e-mail to bugreports@javacoolsoftware.com

Then you can go ahead and reinstall the program, but I'd like to take a look at those files first. Thanks!

Best regards,

-Javacool

6. captainhook

Thanks Javacools.

E-mail sent, hope it helps you.

I will wait on your assessment before I remove and re-install Spyware Blaster.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.