Downloader.Trojan in XP

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Stablecannon, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stablecannon

Stablecannon Registered Member

I believe I may have a trojan lingering in my system. NAV 2005 told me I had a Downloader.Trojan virus (filename 0g1sa.dll). So I used the trojan removal instructions I found on another forum and the anti trojan program Trojan Hunter found the virus (0g1sa) and deleted it. Then I ran TDS-3 and it found a bunch of Hidden ADS streams, so I deleted those and some of the host files. So after everything was done, I restarted my computer in normal mode and everything seemed to run a little better (the HDD light wasn't on all the time). Then after a short time, it started again, so I tried to find the program in Task manager and came up with two processes I hadn't heard of before, crtv32.exe and msjz.exe. I was able to stop the process crtv32 process, but the msjz process kept reappearing as soon as I stopped it. Eventually so did the crtv32 process. I then happened to come across this log called f2install.log in my root directory:
    >>Install Start...
    Include to Autorun
    >>TestModule(496949607)
    Event:0x000300F6:36:0:11659880
    Event:0x000300F6:129:0:11659852
    Event:0x000300F6:131:0:11659912
    Event:0x000300F6:1:0:11659816
    >>SaveModule(0)
    Old Path: C:\WINDOWS\apppn.dll
    New Path: C:\WINDOWS\COM+.log:eddroi
    <<SaveModule
    >>TestModule(496949607)
    Before Service Found:1785121754
    Service File Mapping Found
    Service Found
    >>SaveModule(1)
    Old Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\msjz.exe
    New Path: C:\WINDOWS\cthlr.txt:wwwxil
    <<SaveModule
    <<Install

Does that mean anything to me? And does anybody have suggestions on how I get rid of this thing?

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

crtv32.exe is apparently detected by About Buster-nr 15 on the list, so you could download and update/run it. An online scan or two wouldn't hurt (links in my signature).

When this is done, then i would download HiJackThis and post your log at CastleCops and let them have a look it, because you definitely have a problem.

Hope this helps.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.