Downloader-KL

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by day2daysurvivor, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. day2daysurvivor

day2daysurvivor Registered Member

I'm a friend helping a friend. She has some quite amount of damage done to her computer so I'm cleaning out the remains of it.

Insofar, I've stumbled upon Downloader-KL (4 times), IMIServ.dr, and other stuff that I've tried manually deleteing from her harddrive due to no avail.

There have been some noticable improvements (55 down to 15) viruses. Popups are driving her mad, even with my additional installment of spywareblaster, spywareguard, google search bar (she wishes to keep this), spybot, and adaware.

I think there's a mother virus/trojan somewhere that I can't touch that manually updates once the computer is connected to the web. Can anyone help me? Many many many thanks in advance!!

P.S. If anyone wishes to see, I have a HJT log.

Sincerely,

Sunny

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi D2DS, welcome to Wilders, can you take a look at post number 4 here, this shoud take care of most things out there, and if it doesn't, there are further instructions near the end...

Hope this helps...

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

3. day2daysurvivor

Hello again,

I'm here again to report that there's a slight improvement but the computer is still ailing. Shoud I go ahead and recieve help in the other forum posted in the other thread?

Sincerely,
    Sunny

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Yes it would probably be wise to post a hijackthis log in one of the forums listed in Blackspear's post.

Link here,

http://a-sap.org/

Make sure u read the rules of the forum u choose carefully as to posting HijackThis logs.

snowbound

5. day2daysurvivor

Is it just me or there's no way of finding a link to the forums there? Can someone else provide me the link directly to their forums? Thanks in advance.

-Sunny

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.