Downloaded and Installed Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 9.1 on VISTA... BSOD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by samgao, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samgao

samgao Registered Member

after installing the True Enterprise Server Edition of the Acronis True Image software, I've been trying to uninstall it (as i just realized 9.1 doens't support VISTA) Anyway, after I uninstalled this program from my system, Acronis asks me to reboot. I rebooted, and the box never booted into windows vista (ultimate edition 32 bit). It didn't even go into safe mode! The only way I was able to go to windows, is to roll back to an earlier time where the software is STILL installed!

Anybody share a similar experience as me? I really would like to get this software off of my system without crashing!

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Sam

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: Downloaded and Installed Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 9.1 on VISTA... BSO

Hello samgao,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

If you experience any problems with uninstalling Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Sever please use the below instructions to uninstall it manually.

(1) - Run Windows CleanUp utility (if you don't have it installed please download it from from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/en-us)

- Select Acronis True Image entry if there is any and hit Remove

(2) - Run Device Manager (Control Panel -> System -> Device Manager) and delete Acronis True Image Backup Archive Explorer

- Run regedit (Start -> Run... -> regedit) and delete the following registry keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\AcronisTimounterMonitor
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\timounter
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\tifsfilter

- Delete timounter string from:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F} -> UpperFilters

(Do not delete the whole UpperFilters value. Delete only one string - timounter)

(3) - Delete snapman key from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services

- Delete snapman string (only snapman string) from:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} -> UpperFilters

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F} -> UpperFilters

(4) - Download the http://www.acronis.com/files/support/schedmgr.exe, run it and execute the below commands:

service stop
    service uninstall
    exit

(5) - Open Windows Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) and stop the TrueImageMonitor.exe process

- Run regedit and delete the following registry keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Acronis
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.tib
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.tis
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\tibfile
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\tisfile

- Delete TrueImageMonitor.exe value from:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

- Delete \Program Files\Acronis folder

- Delete \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis folder

- Delete \ProgramData\Acronis folder

- Delete \WINDOWS\system32\autoprnt.exe if it exists

- Delete shortcuts from Desktop and Start menu

- Reboot the computer

After that the application should be completely uninstalled from your machine. In case the BSOD appears again upon reboot please submit a request for technical support. Provide the description of the problem and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Alexey Bogomolov

3. samgao

samgao Registered Member

Re: Downloaded and Installed Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 9.1 on VISTA... BSO

Well, I had to go to safe mode to delete the program files\acronis and the common files\acronis directories. However, My computer couldn't start up again so i went to "Last Known Good Configuration" which booted it back up again. Then i went to safe mode and then deleted those directories. And finally, I think it's off.

BTW, i'm using Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit. Some of the instructions were exactly the same, but it's a good thing I know what i'm doing to translate it into Vista 32.

Thank you for your help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.