Download

Discussion in 'WormGuard' started by dallen, May 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dallen

dallen Registered Member

I am a newbie, as you can probably tell by the question that follows. I recently purchased the action pack and installed all three of the products. However, I wanted to learn more about each of the softwares, so I began reading the message boards. I read in one that it was recommended that Windows XP users not install Wormguard, so I removed it. Then I kept reading and read a more recent posting that said it was now safe to use WG with Windows XP.
    **The problem is that I cannot find the link to download it again. I was smart enough to keep the wguard.kf file. Can anyone point me to a link to download the owner's version of WormGuard. Thank you.

2. Finn McCool

Finn McCool Registered Member

I think all you need to do is download WormGuard at http://wormguard.diamondcs.com.au/ and copy your keyfile to the directory.

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Welcome Dallen, and thanks Finn,
    this is right.

I wonder where you read XP users should not install it, as we would gladly help users over there to sort out their problems, or in case you find those links back you might like to tell the users to get their help over here.

Does it work ok on your own XP system? I recommend you read some in the threads here too and try some things described.

4. Patrice

Patrice Registered Member

Hi dallen,

I'm a Windows XP user and I have Wormguard installed as well. Actually there are some problems with Wormguard v 3.0, but they aren't just Windows related. Let's say if you use software like NAV 2003, DriveCrypt,... there are some compatibility problems. But in Windows XP I only encountered the problem, that the Help & Support button doesn't work anymore. Soon (well, at least I hope so ;)) Wormguard v 4.0 comes out. This will solve the above mentioned problems.

Best regards,

Patrice

5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Dallen, WG3 does have a problem for some ppl on the first version of XP - With SP1 installed the only known problem is the loss of the Help & control centre not working from start - Help & Support Icon. This is easily cured by adding a shortcut directly from the Desktop or Quick launch bar.
    You will find the helctr.exe in C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\Binaries (change the C: \ or path as required) b- Right click the helctr.exe file and select create a shortcut - Drag the shortcut to your desktop or wherever you would like to run it from.

HTH Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.