download updates from a server first in "choose automatically" option

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by sangam, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sangam

sangam Registered Member

i would like nod32 to download from a mirror update server first, if not, then other locations on the net. if i select choose automatically, then time is wasted looking for servers first which may not be available as the net could be down.

i mean is there a way to prioritize the download locations, like first location = server1, second location = server2, so that nod32 does not waste time in needlessly locating servers that are not accessible. the one with highest availability (generally the mirror) will be put as server1

2. GhostMan

GhostMan Eset Staff Account

Hello

try to do this:

- in Update setting's, define two separate update profiles. One for Internet update, other for mirror. You can test it of course if everything goes smoothly.
    - go to NOD32 System Tools - Scheduler and Edit rule Automatic Update. Click few times on Next, until you see a dialog, asking you to select Primary and Alternative profile for updating. Set profiles, defined before.

I hope this will work for you :).

Cheers.

3. sangam

sangam Registered Member

i get the idea. thanks.

this method however did not seem obvious, until i went through all your steps. maybe we will have simpler drag & drop setting to order the servers to be accessed for updation in the update/update/setup/location box, in future releases.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.