Download Statusbar add-on for Firefox...?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by luciddream, Nov 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

I used to set it up to have VT Hash Check auto-scan new downloads by adding the executable file for VTHC to it's AV tab. But ever since Firefox introduced it's new download "arrow" to the right of the toolbar it hasn't worked.

Does anyone know if this has changed? Or what the flaw is period? I've heard some people say it still works for them, but it's not the case on any PC I've seen so it's a tough sell. And I remember hearing something about it not working with private browsing turned on. This was never a limitation before, don't know why it would be now. And if it is indeed the case that price is too steep for me.

2. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

I just checked, the AV autoscan feature of the addon is still working for me, but indeed not in Private Browsing mode. Perhaps addons have less access to the browser in Private Browsing mode since a recent version. I remember that Chrome addons need special permission for Private Browsing mode.

3. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

4. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

It always worked in Private Browsing mode before the new downloader though. Anyhow, I have a dedicated partition for new downloads that's sandboxed. Whatever I download ends up there. Then I just scan it manually with VTHC before moving it elsewhere. This way I don't need to allow VTHC start/run & internet access in my restrictions for Firefox so those rules are even tighter. But the old way was convenient.

5. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

Download Statusbar still works fine on my systems for launching VTHashCheck, but the Firefox download button animation is broken.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.