Download protection in SG keeps resetting itself to 'off'?!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by alba1314, Jun 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alba1314

    alba1314 Registered Member

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2003
    Posts:
    6
    For some reason, the download protection feature of my program keeps resetting itself to 'off' and I have to manually reset it to on. My latest definitions date shows as 1/22/04 and I am running version 2.2.0 of SpywareGuard and I run LiveUpdate regularly but am always advised that I have the latest definitions installed.

    I run version 3.1 SpywareBlaster as well as the latest builds of both Ad-Aware and Spybot Search & Destroy to ensure my XP Pro PC is running in tip-top condition. I also run ZoneAlarm to protect my PC from unwarranted hackers.

    I would be grateful if you could please advise as to what may be the cause of the program resetting itself and what is the possible cure? I have tried to uninstall the program and downloaded another copy to install in its place, but find that I still experience the same problem with the newly installed program.

    o_O :doubt:
     
  2. LowWaterMark

    LowWaterMark Administrator

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2002
    Posts:
    18,150
    Location:
    New England
  3. alba1314

    alba1314 Registered Member

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2003
    Posts:
    6
    Thanks LowWaterMark - I followed the link you gave and subsequent links related to my problem and the advice was indeed sound!

    I currently use FreshDevices Download manager and it seems this could be the reason for my settings being knocked out/off. I hadn't noticed, until I followed your lead that SG's settings seemed to be thrown on each boot-up after I turn off FDDM's integration facility each time I update my website in IE (http://www.geocities.com/alba13142003/Alba_gu_Braith.html?1083866283453 ) using Yahoo!s PageBuilder program. Unfortunately FDDM gets in the way of PageBuilder and has to be turned off for me to update and I never think to check SG's settings when reintegrating FDDM into IE.

    When I thought about it, I found this to be the answer. But just in case, I followed Pieter Antz's tip to try this and let us know if that helps:

    Start > Run > type or cop&paste regsvr32 "C:\PROGRAM FILES\SPYWAREGUARD\DLPROTECT.DLL" > OK

    The result was reported as successful - see attached jpeg.

    I now have FDDM reintegrated into IE downloads and hope that this will see the end to my problem If it does not, as Arnie says: "I'll be back!"

    Thanks! :p
     

    Attached Files:

  4. alba1314

    alba1314 Registered Member

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2003
    Posts:
    6
    I think you might just have cracked the nut LowWaterMark! It's been a few days since I made the adjustments to my settings, as per instructed and I've had FDDM running with no change to SG's settings to report at all!!

    Hurrah! :D
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.