Download protection in SG keeps resetting itself to 'off'?!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by alba1314, Jun 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alba1314

alba1314 Registered Member

For some reason, the download protection feature of my program keeps resetting itself to 'off' and I have to manually reset it to on. My latest definitions date shows as 1/22/04 and I am running version 2.2.0 of SpywareGuard and I run LiveUpdate regularly but am always advised that I have the latest definitions installed.

I run version 3.1 SpywareBlaster as well as the latest builds of both Ad-Aware and Spybot Search & Destroy to ensure my XP Pro PC is running in tip-top condition. I also run ZoneAlarm to protect my PC from unwarranted hackers.

I would be grateful if you could please advise as to what may be the cause of the program resetting itself and what is the possible cure? I have tried to uninstall the program and downloaded another copy to install in its place, but find that I still experience the same problem with the newly installed program.

o_O :doubt:

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

3. alba1314

Thanks LowWaterMark - I followed the link you gave and subsequent links related to my problem and the advice was indeed sound!

I currently use FreshDevices Download manager and it seems this could be the reason for my settings being knocked out/off. I hadn't noticed, until I followed your lead that SG's settings seemed to be thrown on each boot-up after I turn off FDDM's integration facility each time I update my website in IE (http://www.geocities.com/alba13142003/Alba_gu_Braith.html?1083866283453 ) using Yahoo!s PageBuilder program. Unfortunately FDDM gets in the way of PageBuilder and has to be turned off for me to update and I never think to check SG's settings when reintegrating FDDM into IE.

When I thought about it, I found this to be the answer. But just in case, I followed Pieter Antz's tip to try this and let us know if that helps:

Start > Run > type or cop&paste regsvr32 "C:\PROGRAM FILES\SPYWAREGUARD\DLPROTECT.DLL" > OK

The result was reported as successful - see attached jpeg.

I now have FDDM reintegrated into IE downloads and hope that this will see the end to my problem If it does not, as Arnie says: "I'll be back!"

Thanks! :p

Attached Files:

4. alba1314

I think you might just have cracked the nut LowWaterMark! It's been a few days since I made the adjustments to my settings, as per instructed and I've had FDDM running with no change to SG's settings to report at all!!

Hurrah! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.