Download Manager

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by amoeba, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amoeba

amoeba Registered Member

Could someone please tell me why we cannot use a download manager to get new versions of TI? I've been online for years and the only place I couldn't use a download manager is on Microsoft! What the heck is the deal with Acronis?

For those stuck on dial-up (like me) this is a major problem.
    With every update of TI the "whole" program must be redownloaded,and without the ability to resume downloads this can take an egregious amount of time.I know that it's possible to provide a link where a download manager can be used. Why doesn't Acronis do this?
    Thanks,Rich

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Him amoeba

Have a read of this thread:- Download Manager - True Image

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. amoeba

amoeba Registered Member

Thanks for the reply.
    Yes,I had already seen that post.
    Trouble is you have to install and use a Beta product,then jump thru hoops for it to work.You'd think for 50 bucks you could just download by any normal means without having to play with the "rabbit ears".
    Rich S

4. djmorgan

djmorgan Registered Member

Oops didn't know we were not meant to use download managers.... :rolleyes: downloaded 2 of TI using Reget without any issues *puppy*

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi,

Never had a problem using Getright Betas (now using Beta 4). "Jump thru hoops....." o_O If you're disinclined to optimize GetRight's settings then just accept the defaults and it's no more difficult than clicking the download button on Acronis' download page. Just be thankful it's free and that it works like a charm :)

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.