Download freezing problem still here!

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by mrapoc, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrapoc

mrapoc Registered Member

Just renewed my license - Fresh install of Windows 7 Home premium x64. Got Google Chrome running, previous to installing Eset Nod32 x64 Antivirus, all was fine, downloads finish fine, no freeze at all. Now literally after installing Eset, I have just gone to download some things, for example, CCleaner, it now freezes for like ten seconds after completion, showing 0 secs/0% left - pretty much what it used to do when I used to use Firefox before this fresh install.

o_O

ps. and theres a lovely 100% cpu spike still present

2. mrapoc

mrapoc Registered Member

any ideas??

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

We'll have a look at CCleaner. There's probably a larger file inside that takes time to get emulated due to the runtime packer used.

4. siljaline

siljaline Former Poster

Look at your Google Chrome setup and /or extensions, I did a fresh Win 7 installation over the weekend with IE as a default broswer with out-of-the-box settings for EAV

There we no noticeable download speed issues.

Post back your information from SpeedTest.net There are links to post Forum Format posts, unless it's against ~TOS~

5. mrapoc

mrapoc Registered Member

hello and thanks

it is not a download speed issue as such, more of the file checking eset carries out.

the larger the file the longer and more severe the lockup/cpu spike.

6. siljaline

siljaline Former Poster

You are welcome, ESET is investigating I leave you in their most capable hands.

7. The PIT

The PIT Registered Member

yes it's a feature of eset. MY solution pause and then restart and the download finishes.

8. mrapoc

mrapoc Registered Member

thanks

its no just ccleaner and no other AV suites/products have this issue and I'm sure you are aware a large amount of users also experience this problem.

needs to be fixed tbh

9. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The CCleaner installer contains 245 files, including other sfx installers. The whole archive is scanned in about 10 seconds. Only 4 of them took about 200 ms to get scanned (Yahoo toolbar files), the others were scanned much faster.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.