Download freezes with NOD32 AV (last RC)

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Toudix, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toudix

Toudix Registered Member

Hi !

I've got a problem with downloading files, while NOD32 last RC is installed.
    When IE7/Firefox finish downloading a file, this one is "completed" at the specified location (moved from temporary folders I guess).
    NOD32 RC scan this finished file, and while it is scanned, the browsers (both) freezes until the scan is complete. I can last several minutes depends on the file size.

The support told me to configure IMON (configuration about file size and downloading time), giving me a screenshot (see attachment for the image). The problem I have is that I wasn't able to find WHERE are these options in the last NOD32 RC.

I found the IMON config within the last commercial release of NOD32 (2.7), and I wans't experiencing any freeze anymore, but I would like to find how to configure last RC the same way :(

Attached Files:

2. freesurfer

freesurfer Registered Member

Would you say that this occurs regardless of the type of file you download? Please try to test it by downloading different file types, such as, executables, compressed files, image files, etc.

And since you haven't mentioned any tweaking, I suggest you try the usual thing of disabling Advanced heuristics in the ThreatSense parameter setup, both in the Real-time file system and the internet protection.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.