Download Accelerator Plus - Spyware, Adware, Malware?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by acr45, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr45

acr45 Registered Member

Ok simple question. Is DAP spyware or not? Recently I've heard positive comments about DAP especially on download.com and a few on freewarefiles.com and SiteAdvisor lists it a safe site and download. However there are negative comments about DAP. I have already downloaded DAP and really like it but I don't know if I should keep it so that is why I am asking if it is safe or not. What within this program makes it spyware?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

The free, non-premium version is ad-supported and it includes the Google Toolbar (I dont know if the premium version has teh toolbar tho).

I suppose some people may associate teh ads with spyware though neither is desireable.

3. argus tuft

argus tuft Registered Member

There are many free alternatives, that do the same thing as DAP, without ads / tracking. (as well as ads, it used to display "what others are downloading", I never felt entirely comfortable with having the files I downloaded monitored. That behaviour may have changed since then)

When I used it, spybot detected / removed a trojan it said it found in DAP's program files, DAP then ceased to work...

4. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

DAP is adware.
    There are clean download accelerators available so I don't bother with DAP.
    Fresh Download and Free Download Manager are good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.